Helium hotspot tokens

Does incognito plan on working with helium tokens. Don’t really feel like having multiple accounts if I don’t have to

7 Likes

I’ve been wanting to know this too. I posted about this a couple of times now.

3 Likes

I am still waiting for mine. And my node from incognito.

3 Likes

Hey @Jan_Sokolovits, what do you mean by the plan on working?

• to integrate Helium blockchain to the Incognito ecosystem?
  • to use helium Nodes to power the Incognito network?
  • something else?
3 Likes

Currently hoo and bilaxy support helium tokens. Will incognito offer this option in the future?

2 Likes

It will be technically possible only after integration with the network. Probably only after Portal V3 is live.

6 Likes

And when is portal v3 plan on going live?

2 Likes

Closer to the end of this year.

4 Likes

You you add TRX token?

1 Like

I was wondering if pnodes could double as wireless miners like helium does. i forget the exact name, i got one. but i really like what helium is doing , creating a world triangulated hotspots. maybe not integrate with helium persay buy maybe adding the same type of tech into the pnodes and nodetrees?

Would be really awesome, if we could store and trade HNT on Incognito.

3 Likes

Integration would be cool.

2 Likes

Yep, might be a good idea for them to migrate on pDEX :slight_smile:

Could you share more details about this idea, a description or examples would be helpful.

2 Likes

Proof-of-Coverage

Proof-of-Coverage is a unique work algorithm that uses radio waves to validate Hotspots are providing legitimate wireless coverage.

For this validation work, Hotspots earn HNT by verifying network transactions, adding new blocks to the blockchain, and performing other tasks. https://www.helium.com/technology

set up 3 wireless miners and it triangulates to provide free internet access throught the triangulated are up to like 3 miles

3 Likes

So do you suggest to bring Helium Wireless miners into Incognito Node or Node Tree, did I got it correctly?

2 Likes

i wouldnt say im suggesting it, but im open to exploratory measures! just making constructive conversation, something that could help, to learn from. Yes if it makes sense, others seem to have experience with HLM, im trying to learn about it and exploring i am not yet experienced with it although I HAVE received one and i got 2 other local people to get one, so now we need to learn how to set them up to triangulate… could it be useful to incognito? i await to hear from you and others as i do not know

2 Likes

I have both a pnode and a RAK hotspot helium miner. Interesting idea but I don’t see it happening. Would require a lot of modifications and two teams working together. Plus hosting a helium miner requires that you share the exact location of the miner so they can verify proof of coverage. Not a lot of privacy when doing that.

6 Likes

Would be awesome if there was a way to deposit Helium (HNT) to my incognito wallet

3 Likes

Yes, Helium integration would be awesome.

2 Likes

Is Portal V3 Live? and more to my point, in other discussion, you mentioned that after Portal V3 becomes live, an audit would be implemented? I think the project would greatly benefit an audit