Wallet Tutorial - manage your keys with a single phrase

Hey @marko,

Just to be clear:

• For new user (new install): @cusdt.eth said correctly that there will be Anon keychain auto created under every new master key. pDEX and pDEXWithdraw will only appear to new users when they start using the ‘Add’ function from the home screen.

• For old users (who have been using the app until HD wallet feature introduced): They already have 3 default keychains Anon, pDEX, and pDEXWithdraw. They all three are not gone when users upgrade to HD wallet, instead they’re listed in the ‘Masterless keychains’.

Yep.
For example: if you’re under the Charles master key, and you use the ‘Add’ function :point_right: pDEX and pDEXWithdraw will be created under that Charles master key and can be recovered by importing its seed phrase.

5 Likes

The update for ios is till not lived right?

It’s estimated to be live on this Thursday or Friday. We will keep the community updated under this post.

4 Likes

Amazing! Looking forward to this app update…

2 Likes

So I now have 7 keychains…

masterless:

1. Account 0
  2. pDEX
  3. pDEXwithdraw
  4. pStake
  5. node 1
  6. node 2

Master:

1. Anon

This is getting a bit absurd.
I should only need 1 (maybe 3, if the nodes have to be separate)

1 Like

You could consolidate your funds from pStake and Account 0 to Anon, then delete those accounts. And if you aren’t providing 2-sided liquidity via Add, you could also consolidate any pDEX funds to Anon then remove both pDEX accounts (though you would lose some privacy).

Just a clarification: for the time being, you can remove any keychain if you want, except pDEX and pDEXwithdraw keychains. :laughing:

1 Like

The one time address will solve all this… It should be launched in April

@Support I’ve noticed on the iOS app the Face ID does not time out like it should when you swipe the app away (not swiping up to force close)…just swiping away. It used to make you re-authenticate every time you opened the app regardless if you just had it open or not. Not sure if this is a big deal, but I would think there might be security implications here. Sorry to tag everyone, but if this is a big deal, I thought I’d let you know ASAP.

5 Likes

Thank you for letting us know @rocky_mtn Will let the appropriate team know.

4 Likes

Do we have to import those keychains (pDEX and pDEXwithdraw) to the new Masterkey keychains?

1 Like

We will still need a keychain per vNode for staking the 1750 PRV, correct?

1 Like

Thanks @aaron for putting together this post. Excellent work on the new HD Wallet.
I am running a vNode that is referencing a Validator Key under my Masterless keychain.

I want to migrate to the new master key addresss.

Before I proceed, can you please confirm the process…

1. I need to unstake my vNode
  2. transfer funds to my new Masterkey Address
  3. restart my pNode with new validator key.

Question: where do I locate my new Validator Key?

1 Like

It appears that the application is rejecting master key names with spaces in them. This contradicts the example screenshot with ‘Tony Hanson’ as the master key name. Please advise.

1 Like

Ah, sorry for this mistake. You’re correct that the name of master key can’t contain a space.
Thanks for pointing this out. Let us update the post appropriately.

1 Like

Yes, correct!

1 Like

Hi @Jared, that’s correct. You still need a keychain per vNode for staking the 1750 PRV.

Hi @Linnovations, I believe that is the only way at this moment:
1/ Unstake the vNode and wait until you get back 1750 PRV
2/ Transfer funds to your new keychain (in the current master key)
3/ Restart the vNode with the new validator key

You can find it under “Keychain” as the above instruction.

2 Likes

No, you don’t need to import your current pDEX and pDEXwithdraw keychains to the new master key. They’re default keychains from the former format and should be stored in the Masterless list.

What if you want to have pDEX and pDEXWithdraw keychains under a Master key for the sake of better key management? Easy too! Just need to tab on the ‘Add’ tab on the Homes screen, then these 2 keychains will appeared for you under the respective Master key.

1 Like

I’m sorry I bet the team had like the same questions over and over again because of the update :sweat_smile:.

Thank you very much ❤️.

2 Likes

Under “keychains”, tap the key icon next to the name of the keychain you want the validator key for :smiley:

1 Like