Found some new crypto privacy projects, wondering how the people of Incognito feel/think about them?

Hello everyone.

Super stoked on the Privacy Quest so props for the initiative on that yall. Also I could not be more excited for the node tree’s in the New Year so please quickly quickly!!! I’ve been using my two pNode’s for a few months now and looooove them!

Anyways, over the last few weeks I’ve come across these two different crypto projects that are also very centered around privacy; much like Incognito. I had noticed that neither of them are available in the pDex and this basically nothing about them in the forums so I just wanted to know why and see if there was a way of possibly partnering somehow so that both sides could benefit and create a sort of “greater than the sum of it’s parts” type scenario.

I don’t mean to shill these projects but I would really like to know what the Incognito team and community members think of these projects. I am really not very tech literate at all lol so I’m also hoping to get a different perspective on some things that in my mind also have value. My heart is with Incognito always, so I hope this post isn’t taken in a negative light about my intentions.

The two projects I have recently discovered are:

1. Pirate Chain - ARRR - Coingecko
  2. Secret - SCRT - Coingecko

I’ve heard that Pirate Chain ARRR is literally “invisible” in that nothing actually appears on the blockchain after funds have been mined and sent to the mining wallet address. Which seems pretty cool. I have also heard people saying that it’s better than Monero for several different reasons. Apparently the main goal is to make more of a private currency in terms of transferring value which would be their main intention and value proposition.

I literally just heard of Secret SCRT the other day and I watched a Pomp podcast with the main dev and he was saying that it’s essentially like combining the privacy of Monero with the smart contract capabilities of Ethereum’s ERC-20 token model. Is it just me or does that sound like the fucking best thing since wooden sandals? Can anyone verify this?? It almost seems too good to be true for me I dunno I need to look into it a bit more but because of my technical ignorance/inexperience I wouldn’t really know what to look for other than other people talking about it. And obviously listening to only the main dev talk about the project would be rather privy to bias.

Anyways I just wanted to open up the discussion for these projects that I’ve just recently discovered. I mean no harm to Incognito in any way by doing this. In my mind privacy in crypto is incredibly important and privacy will only continue to increase in importance over time. (Especially as the world seems to be inching closer and closer to 1984 as we speak - but that’s for another time I guess lol). So hopefully all of these privacy projects and work together somehow or at least become friends so that we can have people in the camps of each because each may have different goals and use-cases which would therefore benefit everyone. Anyways fam thanks for you time and good night! I look forward to hearing what yall have to say regarding this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually mentioned Incognito to the Pirate Chain telegram group. They seemed to be interested, and they told me they would give me a reward if I got them on Incognito. However, I don’t know if I can host a bridge, I don’t even know how I would go about doing that securely. On top of that, it would be hard to convince the Incognito dev team to prioritize making a bridge for Pirate Chain. However, they are privacy focused individuals, and the Telegram has 1830 members. I’m sure they would love an anonymous way to exchange their ARRR Coins.

1 Like

Regarding hosting a bridge to Incognito, what do you think about this proposal from @justjamesdev Calling for Incognito Rebels!? :wink: He may be able to help with creating a bridge for Pirate Chain.
Just hope that you guys can buddy up for this initiative!

Thank you for the lead, I will contact them now and see if they are interested in building a bridge.

3 Likes

I did an evaluation for this:

1 Like

@Revolve Awesome! Yes it would be really awesome to see a PRV/ARRR bridge. I really have no idea how feasible it would be due to the “invisible” nature of pirate chain transactions lol but their team is apparently working on a wrapper version of arrr on ethereum so if that’s possible, then definitely a bridge to the Incognito Chain would be possible too! I hope it goes well.

@abduraman Oh my man that is amazing! That’s like a perfect TLDR summary of SCRT which is very good to have. I find it interesting they would first build on Cosmos but I don’t really know much about different blockchains tbh. And I guess their infinite supply model might be similar to that of ETH in terms of it being a base layer type protocol to build on top of it would require tokens to be available for that process to happen. Even though having a fixed supply is much sexier these days lol.

I wonder if developers would have to make all new projects on their network or if they could simply just integrate their tech into platforms/protocols that already exist. Obviously “follow the devs” is a pretty common saying so if the devs are on ethereum already then it’s just a barrier for growth if the future developers have to go on to a whole new system as opposed to being able to simply just transition what they’ve already created. Cryptocurrency and it’s complexity fucking baffles me all the time lol!

2 Likes