Feedback on the new pDEX

thanks mike - will fix also. appreciate it

2 Likes

Thank you @ning. I didn’t realize it was searchable. Nice work, happy to see the team is warning the trader. Looking forward to pkyber and pUniswap integration :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think iOS issue. My iPhone 8 Plus shows in the same way.

1 Like

Maybe you’re looking for an answer. Sorry for bothering you again but the answer is important to me. Thanks. @ning

It’s stored in an temp wallet address. Which belong to noone. When user make a trade action, multiple transactions is created to hide user’s identity, not just only trade transaction. So the tx fee is set to high to make sure all transactions never fail because of the fee.

Below is how trade works
User -> Temp Wallet -> Trade -> Temp Wallet -> User

Note: Each trade quest use unique temp wallet address.

2 Likes

This means that the max supply of PRV decreases in each trade. Am I wrong? @tien

These transactions are not seen in incscan explorer, aren’t they? Are they hidden?

1 Like
  1. Yeah, the max supply of PRV decreases in each trade. I think we will implement a way to send back prv left to the user
  2. They can be seen in incscan explorer. You just don’t know what tx is your
2 Likes

Why is trading so slow in the new pDEX? In the old pDEX, my trades were completed within at most 5 minutes. Let me define the completeness: the time between when trade is submitted and when the bought amount is seen in the balance. In the new pDEX, this takes at least 10 minutes. Why?

Furthermore, the trade notifications works incorrectly. The notification says “your balance updated”. However, I have to wait for the balance update for 1 minute or so.

2 Likes

Exactly. Trading experience is so sloooww

2 Likes
  1. Because the new pDex make a full flow of trade: Deposit -> Trade -> Withdraw. So it will take longer than just Trade. We’re improving it by using the same shard wallet as temp wallet. The waiting time will be reduced by 5 minutes / trade

2. The reason you need to wait for 1 minute for balance update is our blockchain structure. Our blockchain is shard blockchain. It has 8 shards. One account will belong to a shard. If two accounts A and B in same shard, their balance will be updated right away after transaction is confirmed. But if they are in different shard, they will need to wait for 1-3 minutes to get the update. So that’s why you need to wait for 1 minute because the temp wallet can be in different shard. We will fix this with above solution.

2 Likes

This is probably a conveyance issue then, and might want to consider adjusting the wording in conformation to say something like “Trade completed, balance will update within 3 minutes”

3 Likes

Thank for your idea, we will consider it. Actually, after the improvement, your balance is updated when you receive the notification

3 Likes

Even better!

1 Like