Can you buy nodes with PRV?

4 Likes

Yes, you can.

6 Likes

As far as I know you can’t. Although I still wonder why? :grimacing:

2 Likes

IMG_20201227_130350_108

3 Likes

So works from the app, but not from desktop?

4 Likes

Hi @bumpin88 and @sato, currently you can buy a Node using PRV only through the Incognito app.
Here’s more information: How to buy Node device with PRV

3 Likes

Thanks! I was only looking thru the desktop.

1 Like

Is there any timeline on the coming Node Tower?

Check this reply I hope it helps :grin:.

3 Likes

Been waiting, node tree will be Feature product soon

2 Likes

Thanks Estem, I must have missed that! :+1:

2 Likes

Newbie here. I wanna make sure I got this straight: The Node casts $399, THEN I have to put up 1750 PRV to stake it, which is currently around 3500.00 USD, correct? (Jan, '21)

Welcome to the community!

Yes. There is also a “funded staking” option where you will receive a “funded” node. You will only receive a certain percentage of the block reward using this option.

1 Like

Making sure I understood. Thanks!

3 Likes

You dont have to have 1750 coins or any coins at all to run a pnode, you’ll get like 35% pnode alone, 100% staked with 1750
Then if you only have like 1 or 10 or 100 coins you can still stake them for like 30% or similar

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

That 1750 PRV remains yours though, and you can unstake at any time. If you have the 1750 already and don’t want to buy a Node, you can get the same effect by running a virtual Node. There is no funded staking option for vNodes, however.

1 Like

I’m thinking about a Tree, when they become available…

2 Likes

Visit to our new roadmap for what will be available in 2021. I believe you will find out your Node Tree there :wink:

8 Likes

Even after I download the APK from github (4.3.10) it says that it has an update which I can get from the store. I can’t use the app at all!