Face ID iOS 14.3, Incog App v4.0

Something has changed with latest update to Incognito app v4.0. When I close the app it triggers FaceID again.

So it does FaceID to open app and when I close it…

8 Likes

+1 this a hundred, thousand, million, billion, trillion times over

I’m surprised it’s taken this long for someone else to post about this.

6 Likes

Remove the passcode?

I could remove Face ID, and that would solve the problem, but I think the app probably has some state that is being cleared up on the exit, and that is trigger the FaceID Authentication process a second time on exit… which shouldn’t really be happening at all… and I would rather keep the FaceID enabled, as I really do like this feature.

3 Likes

I’ve mentioned this in the new HD wallet release thread. It’s also letting you back in your wallet if you don’t force close the app hours later without a new authentication. The team is aware this issue exists. Just not sure if there’s a plan to push an update to fix it.

2 Likes

Hi @doc. Can you help me record the issue? I tried but could not reproduce your issue.

1 Like

I just sent you a video in a PM with a screen capture. You will notice after I close the app, FaceID triggers again.

1 Like

Hey @doc, hey @rocky_mtn, hey everyone who has been suffering this Face ID glitch :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Thanks for detecting this out. Just wanna let you all know that the team is going to work on a fix and release ASAP, February for ETA. Meanwhile, you can just turn off FaceID and use passcode instead. Thanks thanks! :grin:

3 Likes