To test what kind of marketplace the community wants, I have a new site for people to test out. (Unless someone knows how to do embedded forms here.)
There are a lot of questions about what this next step should look like:
- How open or anonymous should a vendor/seller be?
- Should PRV be cryptocurrency as well as a utility token?
- How can buyers be confident they are buying from legitimate sources?
- How do sellers associate orders with transactions?
- Do sellers and buyers need ratings, a la eBay to create trust in an anonymous environment?
- If a seller promises to not keep your shipping information/contact info/etc. how do you believe them?
Honestly, I don’t have answers. So I made this as a launch point. Let’s find the next step together and maybe do a little shopping.
Some prv.shopping details:
- I am not selling anything, just hosting a place for people with products/services to be able to buy/sell on the incognito chain. If you want to add something there, reach out.
- Buyers pay sellers directly.
- I am charging a commission on sales (no listing fees) as a first-round experiment. Is this exciting enough to develop? We’ll see. Ultimately, I think a mature solution could possibly be funded by the community via Builder Rewards.
- This is all a beta, it’s clunky and new. It will be improved by feedback.