[Shipped] Deliver UI UX design for April features updates & launches

1. What privacy problem are you solving?

With many coming new features in Incognito Wallet (Price chart, Staking Pool, pUniswap, pCompound), these features won’t be able to deployed without decent UI UX design.

Homescreen icon set is 90% alike with the blue circle, it’s not easy for users to recognize the feature based on the icon alone, they have to read every single time, and that is not convenient.

2. What is the solution?
We will focus on delivering the UI UX in a timely manner in order for the feature to launch on schedule. Coming features for this month are:

• pKyber
  • pStaking pool
  • Price chart
  • Quick Buy PRV
  • pCompound
  • Homescreen
  • Minor UI updates.

3. Who are you?
I’m @an. @AnhTu and I are UI/UX Designers and @tuyen is our Graphic Designer. @AnhTu and I will be responsible for building the design system, Tuyen will contribute brand-consistent graphics, illustrations, iconography.

4. Why do you care?

Without the decent UI UX, features won’t be able to deliver, and users won’t be able to use the product with delightfully.

5. What’s your plan? What’s your schedule?

Deliverables

• 10/4/2020 – Deliver Price chart, pKyber & pStaking Pool design

• 17/4/2020 – Deliver new homescreen & Quick Buy PRV UI

• 24/4/2020 – Minor UI updates

• 30/4/2020 – Deliver pCompound UI.

What’s your budget?

Resource Price Quantity Monthly cost
Graphic designer 1,000 PRV 1 1,000 PRV
App UI designer 1,000 PRV 1 1,000 PRV
App UX designer 2,000 PRV 1 2,000 PRV
Subtotal 4,000 PRV
Total 8,000 PRV

Is there anything else you would like the community to know?

Any feedback welcome - especially negative ones :wink: Please keep sharing your ideas too. Thank you for helping us improve the product.

2 Likes

Hey,

I really like the proposal though I would have one remark which actually concern the whole dev process - and not that proposal in particular.

I really feel like everyone in the incognito ecosystem is willing to run and deliver tons of features very fast. This is cool because incognito has gone from being nothing to being a wonderful project in a very short period of time. But this also means that people working on the base components of the stack can’t take much time to polish the design an implementation of the project.

To be honest this can be felt: both in the UX of the wallet which is quite of clumsy but also with respect to the node and sdk code which can be very hard to read and hard to maintain. I think it would be worth taking the time to make things right to avoid ending up with a huge technical debt which will be hard to pay back at some point.

That’s one of the reason I really love this proposal but in the same time I feel like conducting such a work properly in only one month is impossible.

So it’s just my two cents here but I feel like it would be worth to take more time to carefully undergo such an important task for the future of the ecosystem …

4 Likes

Last week we delivered:

• Staking pool UI
  • Price chart for Pdex
  • New homescreen UI (waiting for approval)

Feel free to share your feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @annguyen, maybe you already read, just to remind of my previous feedback.

@abduraman , thanks a lot for your constructive feedbacks. I appreciate that a lot. Our team will consider these and let you know soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey @annguyen - could you please update the community on last week’s progress? a great deal was accomplished! we now have a new home page, pStake, pKyber, and more – would love to hear your thoughts on this first iteration, and the UI/UX plan going foward.

2 Likes

hey everyone - just posting a quick update here regarding April deliveries.

originally, the design team had planned to deliver the new Buy PRV flow as well as pCompound, but these were moved to next month in favor of other initiatives like liquidity rewards, and new UI for the wallet core.

In April, the design team delivered:

1. UI/UX + marketing materials for the launch of Node Pool

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 1.06.23 PM

2. UI/UX + marketing materials for pKyber on the testnet

(launch delayed till next month)

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.52.03 PM

3. Liquidity rewards promo material

4. Liquidity rewards dashboard (development in process)

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.54.59 PM

5. new app home page

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.57.24 PM

6. foundational work on the new incognito app

the goal is to simplify, clarify and delight. Here’s a sneak peek:

thanks for your feedback this month!

3 Likes