De-Googled Phones and Incognito?

Hello everyone,

I have been meaning to up my mobile privacy game for quite a while now and am absolutely paralyzingly overwhelmed at all the information online regarding de-Google’d phones, AOSP, Linux builds etc.

All I want is fairly simple: to have a de-googled phone that I can still install and run the Incognito app with.

So I guess with that being basically my sole intention with what I want in terms of usability from a de-google’d phone, my questions are this: Is this even possible? Is a Linux build off the table? Is Lineage OS the only way to go? Should I get a Librem 5 phone? A pinephone perhaps? Soooooooo overwhelming all the infos online lol :sob:

I really just don’t want to have my every move be under the surveillance of google and other big tech etc. But basically one of the only things I require is to be able to use the Incognito app on this device, so am I screwed or is it possible??

I have tried searching this topic in the forum already but nothing has come up about this “specific” topic. I see a few people have Lineage OS and a few people have spoken about de-Google’d devices here and there but nothing has been concretely discussion in this matter and I think it could hopefully potentially benefit everybody. It is such a complicated and absolutely daunting task for people who aren’t very tech savvy so please keep the comments newb friendly haha :smile:

3 Likes

This one sums it up pretty well will the app work without google play services

3 Likes

Amazing thank you! After even more hours of research I think I’ve found my solution:

CalyxOS on a pixel 3 or some other variation. It’s more user-friendly than Graphene, and not as crazy out there as Linux. And I believe I can just install Incognito with the Android APK. So basically, problem solved and you can delete this post if you think it’s necessary. Sometimes just ranting on the internet can actually have a very beneficial help in solving the problem eventually hahah :rofl::pray:

3 Likes

Maybe it will help someone else in the future.

Even if I wanted, which I don’t, I resigned from the rights to manage other people’s posts months ago.

2 Likes