Cronos

Can we use cronos ERC-20 for sending Ethereum as it costs a fraction on normal ERC20 cronos charges 0.0001 Eth for a transfeer vs sometimes 0.01. Think the ideas of Incognito prv is great great idea and great execution, getting onboard with cronos would be great if it’s not already available,
Thnx yours Chris

You can also use Incognito to send Ethereum, the transfer fee is 0.0000001 PRV (0.000000000027 ETH) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But that’s only to other Incognito prv accounts right or did I miss something?

No, you’re correct, transfer fees are native to the blockchain where the transaction needs to be created. When shelding or unshielding ETH for example, there is a transaction on the Incognito network as well as a transaction on the Ethereum network. The Ethereum network transaction has to have a GAS fee or the network will most likely never include it in the blockchain.

I don’t know that much about Cronos, but I couldn’t find any information on how this would be any different. Are they subsidizing native Ethereum transactions fees somehow?

If you mean Cronos blockchain (https://cronos.crypto.org/), you cannot. It is just another EVM-compatible chain like BSC, HECO, MATIC etc. In “mainnet” of Ethereum, there is no such option as you want.

This thread doesn’t seem to be asking for a Cronos bridge.
Thats what I would like to see.
I often use the crypto.com onramp, it would be really convenient to be able to upload Cronos/USDC to Incog, then offload, say to BSC (on my way to Terra).