Crazy High Polygon Shielding fee

I started using Incognito a month ago and like it so far. Ive transferred bitcoin , XMR, and Eth. I’ve also purchased PRV to earn in liquidity pool. Today I tried sending a small amout of Polygon to test it first. It said “insufficient funds”. Then I looked at the shielding fee is like $50!! That’s more than eth and bitcoin combined. Wtf⁉️ It’s my fault for not noticing a crazy shielding fee for MATIC, but I still feel ripped off

1 Like

The high shielding fee is due to high gas fees on ethereum, not incognito. By shielding assets from eth, you are interacting with a smart contract.

@adrian @Lant_Haymore was talking of Polygon network, so what concern Ethereum Blockchain gas fee with Matic?

Gas fee on Polygon is very cheap unlike Ethereum, maybe you should read that post again in order to answer that person accordingly.

Unless he said he’s shielding ERC20 pegged Matic.

@Lant_Haymore more clarification, please!

In incognito for what I know there is not Matic on polygon network. That is a erc20 token on ethereum blockchain so the answer you got is correct. Keep attention what you’re trading.
S.T.

1 Like

If that is tje case @Lant_Haymore must know that there’s no blame on Incognito side, it’s Ethereum Blockchain gas fee.

For example UD had migrated to polygon and has made their domain minting gas free in the process!

At the same time @Support need to do something on this to help this community, a lot of people are migrating their coins from Ethereum ERC20 to BEP20 and Polygon to help their users against high gas fee. Please, let’s do something!

All this information is on the forum and it’s up to people to understand how incognito works to begin with.

Perhaps the team can collate some of this information in a neater way but it’s all available on here.

Shalom brother!

1 Like

Alright, dear!

Thanks! It was my mistake