[Complete] The BTC shielding and unshielding paused for scheduled maintenance (August 24 13:00 to August 25, 13:00 Eastern Time)

Hi everyone,

Update: This maintenance was finished. The BTC shielding and unshielding are functional from August 25, 13:00 Eastern Time.

From August 24, 13:00 to August 25, 13:00 Eastern Time, we will deploy the system for releasing the trustless non-custodial Bitcoin bridge, so the BTC shielding and unshielding features will be temporarily paused for that duration, all other currencies are unaffected.

You’ll still be able to trade BTC in pDEX pairs, and will be able to send and receive in-network. Other features such as Provide are also fully operational.

For validators, this maintenance will not impact earnings but please make sure your nodes are up to date with the latest Incognito chain’s code. As usual, we will make another topic for the code update announcement right after chain deployment.

Important note:
Since this is a big release, we will need time for testing after the deployment to ensure everything works correctly before unpausing, please DO NOT make any requests related to the centralized bridge and Portal v4 to Incognito platform by using either Incognito app or RPC call during the maintenance period.

We hope to complete this as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

14 Likes

In your local time: 2021-08-24T17:00:00Z2021-08-25T17:00:00Z

3 Likes

Hey guys, this maintenance was finished. The BTC shielding and unshielding are functional from August 25, 13:00 Eastern Time. Please enjoy more secure, less congestion and cheaper BTC shielding & unshielding experiences.

6 Likes

I’m having trouble sending out BTC.

First it says I don’t have enough PRV so when I try to trade BTC for PRV it says I need to top it off with enough, but even when I try to send a high amount I still get the same error.

Hi @Erik_Silva,
This issue happens because your PRV balance is insufficient, below 0.0000001 PRV, it’s not enough to pay the Incognito network fee. So you can make neither a trading nor an unshielding BTC. Please top-up enough PRV to your account to trade or unshield.

1 Like

@Erik_Silva,

You can go to faucet.incognito.org to get enough PRV to cover your transaction costs.

2 Likes

You’re a live saver. This solved the problem quick. Thanks!!!

2 Likes