Community Callsđź’ˇ

The head post is updated w/ the zoom link https://zoom.us/j/97998556123?pwd=Tnp4aHdPS20wcUk1NTRGcmRhVEFzZz09; Passcode: 9uAbzK and a Jam Session (writing) Google doc link: http://bit.ly/02_08_jamsession.

updated

Tried joining no one in tho :frowning:

2 Likes

TL;DR: BTC+ETH+all else = :rocket:; community call = :small_red_triangle_down:; so we will try again in 1 week!

Update: Good news, Nick and I had a nice chat. Bad news, only Nick and I showed up :frowning: We will try again, but only once, then I bounce. I will make sure to plan for next week to give more time and more options for times to pick from. I will also try to time it with a market dip, so people will be looking for something to do, rather than running around trying to see where to put your Xyz coin. Lol :rocket:

If nobody shows up next time this whole “community” thing may be a bad idea. haha. Better to just centralize and go home. Give your keys to me and I will solve all your problems :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey @Blackout404, thanks for trying joining us, probably you were late for a while, because me and Robyn were waiting for attendees for about 20 minutes.
TYI: in general these calls are scheduled for 40 min duration so it’s important for everyone to join on time. Looking forward to joining us next time.

@RobynFitzooth is going to make updates for the head post shortly, we’ll be able to vote for a time slot and topic again.

Yes, just waiting to align schedules for a time that works for @cusdt.eth, @nickvasilich, and myself.

1 Like

@Blackout404, Nick and I solved all the worlds problems in the first 20 minutes. Can’t tell you what we did, or what we decided, but it was epic! lol

1 Like

@RobynFitzooth Please try to align with me as well. As we discussed in our “hangouts” I want to join as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be great @Chucky ! Just DM me the times that you are available next week (Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri). Unfortunately I will likely be tied up on Wed.

1 Like

Here are some questions that came up in discussion with community member(s) who would like to remain anon. This will get added to the list of topics for voting for the next meeting. For now though I will capture here. Others please post directly here so I don’t have to act as a proxy!

These are all questions that are trying to think about ways to help Incognito grow by eliminating areas of risk or confusion.

Question: There is a lockup of 1750 PRV to run a node. Why this specific amount? It seems arbitrary but a reasonable amount given current PRV value… What, if that 1750 PRV were used to securely add liquidity by allowing other assets to be used as collateral… There would be more volume, more traffic, reduced slippage, and I’m certain a vNode, can operate under this condition…

Question: What percentage of PRV does Incognito Hold? Having a large % of supply in circulation requires a lot of trust from anyone who wants to participate… The system is crystal clear on earnings for Nodes, and the rest is giving to you directly…
Whereas the code doesn’t appear available regarding user rewards and the math connected that is able to be shown to build trust and a degree of transparency…

Question: It looks there is a lot of empty space inside your new office. I would love to hear about the security of data from your equipment to the backbone layer, are these located in cloud hosting? are they in multiple regions? is there redundancy across multiple availability zones?

Question: As a google app and iOS app, with not all components being 100% open source, what tracking information is recorded on users activity and how is this used? What 3rd parties (e.g. Google/Apple/etc.) have access to this data?

2 Likes

The last question already has an answer here

I appreciate your efforts. I will not be attending while Zoom and any Google product is involved. Thank you for allowing some of us to shadow here!

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing this topic out @Jamie, it is a good discussion with some technical details that help with this question for sure. But it doesn’t answer it fully. The conversation can continue in the other thread where it is most relevant. If it is resolved there then no need to ask it here on a call.

I agree. What would be a better option that would be to your liking?

1 Like

Update: I have been spending probably 4 to 12 hours a day since I posted this initial post talking and messaging with those that wish to remain anonymous that want to support the project, but feel that there is no trust in the project. The do not feel comfortable bringing up the questions in the forum, because they feel that they are going to have their posts removed, or that they will be banned from the project by voicing their opinions. Rather than me posting all kinds of ideas or questions here. Some that are great questions and some that are horrible and other that require more research. Either way I don’t have the time to spend hours every day addressing these questions, vetting the information, and posting questions here that will look bad on me for even asking if they are dumb questions.

So since I am not getting paid for this work, and since there seems to be no value to what I am doing here, I am stepping aside to let anyone else who would like to volunteer their time for free to help with this. Apparently Incognito would like to pay for this help, but I have not been able to get any rewards for this. Hopefully there is someone who is willing to invest a great amount of time and effort into something that may pay out big later, but might just pay out nothing at all. I leave this with anyone who wants to take it. Or with anyone from Incognito that wants to offer some assurance of rewards for this work.

I think there is value in this, I just don’t have the time and I have been passing up on paying work to help with this. So I will step aside so I can pay the bills. I will still be here… but just not trying to herd you crazy cats… lol. :heart_eyes_cat: :joy_cat: :scream_cat: :smile_cat: :smiley_cat: :smirk_cat:

One question that I have been able to look into that was posed to me that I think should be a very easy one to answer is: “Why hasn’t the Android App been updated properly in GitHub? There are updates pushed out to the Application that you are forced to update. You can either install it, or leave your money in the app and not use it. So you need to update. These updates generally are not pushed to GitHub. Why are these updates not pushed to GitHub? Without 100% transparency there is always the case that someone could argue that there is something nefarious happening without the transparency.” Can this issue be explained? It seems like this should be a simple thing to answer for the Incognito Core Devs.

2 Likes

I hope to see some of you cats in the next call! lol

“I believe there is a filter… I am not a cat!!!”

I agree with key. I’d suggest using Jitsi instead of zoom

2 Likes

Hey @RobynFitzooth, thank you for this initiative and the time you spent organizing the community call. I can imagine how time-consuming it is, but it brings useful insights.

1. It’s hard to hear that ppl who use our products don’t have trust in the project. This is something that should and will be fixed.
  2. I mentioned it previously, we have nothing to hide. Let’s use this moment to bring more transparency to every aspect which is still not clear
  3. No one “hard” question was deleted from this forum since its launch, by admins or moderators.

Regarding Github updates
It’s the easiest “hard” question, to figure out. I think @binh or @duc could bring more clarity on how they run the development process in their teams.

Regarding your rewards
If you want to continue this initiative and want to get paid for it, you should make a proposal and request funds for it. It will also help us to test out builder rewards v2.

In conclusion

If we want to bring more transparency here, I suggest to collect all possible concerns, question, suggestions into one doc, pass this doc to me, I’ll review it and give you a clear timeline when should we expect publications that answer those concerns.

4 Likes

Thanks @andrey for the response here. I

1. It’s hard to hear that ppl who use our products don’t have trust in the project. This is something that should and will be fixed.

This is something that takes time I think. It is something that can be fixed technically very quickly. It can be fixed from a UI/UX perspective with a bit more effort. With more time and effort documentation can be created. But people then need to understand how they check that what is transparent is in fact transparent. Many here understand how to do this, many do not. So I say this to illustrate that there are many aspects, and time.

1. I mentioned it previously, we have nothing to hide. Let’s use this moment to bring more transparency to every aspect which is still not clear

This is great to hear. Now the proof will be very clear in the full transparency that you are working towards.

1. No one “hard” question was deleted from this forum since its launch, by admins or moderators.

I have seen many “hard” questions asked here, and some very strong debate. So I could be persuaded to believe this based on what I have seen :scream_cat:

For GitHub, I look forward to hearing about the technical solutions. This sort of thing has been solved for 30+ years in SW dev. But there are definitely more elegant solutions that have come up since then!

For rewards, this is great to hear that this sort of effort continues to be something that is targeted to be funded. I look forward to builder rewards being finalized and being able to hopefully take part. It is also fun to realize that it isn’t just developers that can be funded through the “builder” rewards. In this case someone who has skills to communicate and organize can run the community calls! As I have found there is value in this, and also a lot of work. I’m sure that there are people in the community that are much better to be this person, or multiple people. Though this would be fun to do, I think there are other things that I can do that will be more fun and more profitable and more useful to the community. So I hope that someone else steps into this with the understanding that it takes some work. It’s not just coordinating calls :wink:

:fire:

2 Likes

@menerta, I haven’t used Jitsi, but it looks cool! Plus it’s Free & OpenSource. I think that it is important to support like minded projects with what you use… And if you don’t TRUST Jitsi, just take a look at the source code. And if you don’t know how to program, here’s your chance to learn. And if you couldn’t be bothered to learn, buy your programmer buddy a case of beer/pizza/coffee and they will be happy to spend 30 minutes to review the source code! haha https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet

1 Like