COLE: Trade coins for favors in school

Which part of the requirements seems impossible to do to you?

1 Like

I’m working on the webpage. I already have the webpage in my computer, and I asked for a free domain and free hosting to googiehost.com. I don’t know if they are going to give me the email, maybe they will.

1 Like

Since it is a school project, it would work just as fine to have the information available on the school website and supply an email address that matches the schoolwebsite.

1 Like

We aren’t affiliated with our school. We are not mentioning it in our webpage.

2 Likes

@Jamie, I have two questions:

1. If the project expands and more people demand the coin, and at some point our bank runs out of COLE, is it possible issue more coins?
  2. If two students download the app using the internet of the school, are they still going to receive the 0.1 PRV? My brother didn’t received his 0.1 PRV, and I’m guessing is because we were under the same internet.
2 Likes

Hey, @J053 contrasts with issuing your own coin! :tada: :confetti_ball: :balloon:

it’s always an exciting moment of creating something from scratch!

Good luck with $COLE coin and can’t wait to see it on Incognito DEX.

1 Like

Hey @J053, if you have plan for listing your token, I can support you.

Regarding the questions you have above, issuing token is the one time thing, so you can not issue more coins on the market.
We are currently restricting apps using the same wifi IP address to receive 0.1 PRV, if you already received it, then another device using the same IP, will not receive it.

1 Like

That could be a problem… What can I do if most of our users download the app from school? Will they get their 0.1 PRV when they come back home?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! Although, we are not planing to give COLE a monetary value, since the hole point is to do a favor without money, giving it a monetary value will make the coin worth less. What do you think?

2 Likes

I’m afraid not, but here’s what u can do. Give them the homework the day before, ask them to download the application when they are at home. For those you forgot to download at home, you can just simply send them 0.05 PRV/each student, that’d be more than enough to cover the fee.

1 Like

It’s totally ok, do not back it by money, but think in a bit another way. If some of your friends creates own coin, Incognito DEX is a way where you can exchange them in a fully decentralized way. Maybe this will be a better fit than just trade it against money.

1 Like

Might be worth mentioning that any smartass kid can start a trading pair on pDEX for the coin, once they get the hang of things and have both, your coin and some PRV.

2 Likes

No, you can’t issue more coins later on. You could start a new coin and trade in the old ones 2:1 or something.
Your other question has already been answered by Henry.

1 Like

Can delete the coin and issue the same coin again with more tokens?

1 Like

No, you cannot since the blockchain is immutable by definition. If the app or the node software don’t prevent, you can issue another coin with the same name and more supply. I say “if” since we could create the coins with the same names at the mainnet launch. Then I didn’t check it. You may try and let us know :slight_smile:

Hint: You may give them both name and coin id so that they can follow the correct coin.

1 Like

Same name, yes, but not same ticket. I wasn’t able to create another COLE coin, but out there you can see some coins named just Test.

1 Like

Once created, the coins is locked in the blockchain. After releasing this feature, a few changes were made. Too much freedom resulted in confusion. Users were unsure about which coins were legit, and which ones were user-issued.

1 Like

Great idea @J053. How many COLE did you create to launch your token? Are there enough to get you started with your project?

I can support the COLE project with 30 prv so you can provide .1 PRV’s to the students who don’t get PRV for joining the Incognito network.

“We believe in this project, and we won’t harm it by getting free COLE.” so I will trust you to handle the donation properly.

Another idea I am willing to contribute to is being able to turn COLE tokens into hats or t-shirts featuring a COLE logo. Maybe have a contest to design the logo amongst your fellow students.

I suggest rolling out the COLE project now with your friends so you can work out any bugs before school starts. Your friends could earn COLE tokens by assisting you now with website and logo design.

Let me know what country you are in so I can determine how easy sending hats and t-shirts to your location is?

2 Likes

Wow, thank you for your enthusiasm!

We launched 20,000, which we think can be too little for the future if the project scale beyond our school. So I’m trying to launch the same coin on Ethereum, but its taking too long because of the low fee :sweat_smile:. We don’t want the verification badge anymore, because there is no point of having it with only 20,000 coins. I have read that for ethereum tokens, the verification badge is automatically given.

That would be awesome! That could feed about 300 people, but maybe giving them 0.1 PRV is too much. If we give it just 0.01, that could be 30000 people. I think that’s a better idea. We need to save PRV because we’ll also pay the transactions fees for sending COLE to everyone.

I like the idea of hats! Also the contest seem to be a really good idea.

I finished my exams yesterday, and since then I have been working really hard to get the telegram bot working! :smile: The bot will automate the requests for us, and now it is capable of asking the people their address and check in our database if the user id of Telegram isn’t already signed up! The bot sends the request to a private group that me and my brother will manage. Those request have a button to click when we already send the 5 COLE and when the button is pressed, it sends a notification to the user! I won’t give the bot name here yet, because it is still a work in progress, but I’ll soon release it.
Regarding to the webpage, it’s on github by now: https://cole-coin.github.io. I’ll soon get the Googie free host and webpage and post it here.

We are in Mexico, in the state of Chihuahua.

Thank you very much for your time and enthusiasm in this project!

1 Like

@J053 can create your own mintable ERC20 token for free using https://vittominacori.github.io/erc20-generator/. I can send you some ETH to pay for the creation or I can create the contract for you and transfer ownership to your ethereum address.

Here https://ropsten.etherscan.io/address/0x205ae236b7cd0af7d3ab3dd771eaa779887997c6#code is a sample contract I created on the ropsten ethereum test network for you. There is a maximum supply of 10,000,000 with zero issued. However you can mint more tokens.

The generator program automatically “verifies” the contract for you. Once verified, the token functions, like minting new tokens, are easy to do right on Etherscan. Verification enables other people to read your code and trust the contract.

I visited Mexico in February and I have plans to return once air travel resumes.

1 Like