coinbase zcash address doesn't work

error code when entering sheild address in send bar of coinbase for zcash,

Dash send directly from coinbase worked

Coinbase only supports withdrawals to transparent Zcash addresses.

Initially, Coinbase will support deposits from both transparent and shielded addresses, but only support withdrawals to transparent addresses.

[source]

These are ZEC addresses that start with “t”. Incognito receiving/shield addresses start with “z” – they are completely shielded (i.e. not transparent).

You will need to first withdraw from Coinbase to a Zcash wallet that has shield-address support (sending to “z” addresses), then send to the Incognito shield address. Here is a list of Zcash wallets - https://z.cash/wallets/

3 Likes

I tried withdrawing BTC from Binance to shielded and it didn’t work. Do you have a list of what works and what doesn’t somewhere?

How many hours did you wait? :slight_smile: As you may know, network congestion exists. If it doesn’t work after 2-hour wait, you may tap/click Resume/Retry button on the Shielding screen.

This happened yesterday, today I checked and binance said transaction canceled. I assume it is because they don’t allow withdrawls to sheilded addresses? What wallets do accept?

Confused. Did you withdraw BTC or ZEC? What is the shielded address for BTC? I dunno.

coinbase did not allow zcash withdrawl, but did allow dash. And now new situation binance canceled my btc withdrawl. So I’m looking for an intermediary wallet that I know will accept withdraws to a shielded address.