Cheapest way to send coins elsewhere

Hey i’ve been trying to send my coin outside of the incognito app and into my coinbase account and the fees are astronomically high is there anyway i can bypass this fee

For ETH and ERC-20 tokens all you can really do is wait. Network demand is very high right now due to the ongoing bull run. Demand does soften somewhat during the weekends (especially the evenings), but is still historically quite high versus 6+ months ago.

There has been some light discussion about integrating a gas token with Incognito to reduce gas costs for smart contracts, shielding/unshielding etc. However even if that integration does happen (and there is NO guarantee it will happen), it could be months – maybe 6-9 months – before those savings would be available in the app.

So all you can do is wait for the bull run to end and thus demand to subside, allowing gas costs to come back down.

You could trade your coins for another coin with lower unshield fees – Monero is often suggested – but if your goal was the original coin, that probably doesn’t make much sense.

If you absolutely need the coins, you’ll just have to pay the high fees. Try to target the weekend and the evening at that, to get the lowest fees you can right now.

6 Likes

Mike, do you know of a coin with low fees compatible with Coinbase?

XMR is a good choice for low fees, but is not accepted by Coinbase, where devil is trying to send their assets

1 Like

Litecoin, Dash and Zcash are each supported by both Incognito and Coinbase.

These coins are quite recent additions to the Incognito ecosystem. As a result, these coins have low (or no) liquidity on the pDEX. You need liquidity to trade from your existing coin to one of these coins. With low (or no) liquidity, the trade slippage would be very high, massively eroding the value of your trade.

3 Likes

Bitcoin Cash has a tremendous low fee network :+1:.

Thank you :pray:t2: