Changes to Provide

Hello!
Apologies in advance if this is not the right place to ask this question, but i did not know where else to post this question:
How is the APY being calculated exactly?
Say i earn 28% on PRV. The interest is shown in grey underneath - do i earn on those accrued interest as well - or do i have to first withdraw and then provide again?
Follow up on that - if i have usdt and earn 10% - the interest is paid in prv. Do i now earn 28% on the unwithdrawn accrued interest - or the 10% for usdt?
Hope i made my question understandable. Thanks in advance

1 Like

The interest is compounding. Therefore it is automatically added and you will accrue interest on your interest. :smile:

4 Likes

Okay thank you!
But on the interest since it is always prv - i will earn the 28% even though the original deposit was done in usdt?

No. I believe you earn at the interest rate of the base currency.

3 Likes

Yes indeed

1 Like

Thanks guys - thats what I thought.
So in order to maximize the interest yield its best to withdraw frequently and redeposit again. I mean you have the interest generated in prv anyway - so wha not earn the higher interest on it as well?

1 Like

No. The interest is compounding. Meaning it adds the interest and allows you to earn interest on it automatically. There is no need to withdraw and redeposit.

So which one is it?
28% on the interest (which is denominated in PRV) - or 10 % for the original deposit USDT?
If it was 10% on the interest it would make sense to withdraw and redeposit in PRV to increase interest on interest from 10% to 28% - am I missing something?

If you want the higher yield yes you can do that. It is compounded but the APY is the one you have provide for. Indeed you need to withdraw the PRV earned to provide in PRV if you want the 28% APY for those rewards

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming.
I mean I have the PRV (interest) anyway - so I will every once in a while withdraw and restake for the higher reward.
Is there a plan to change the method anytime in the future?

1 Like

I daily withdraw my earnings and either trade for other crypto or restake it as PRV for the 28%. With such tiny fees the crypto grows nicely! These staking pools are a once in a life time ass kicking dream come true for the small investor. Any other exchange would be raping me with fees for these daily transactions. Run a node and the fees come back into your pocket.

5 Likes

Yes I’d love if i could trade LINK on pDex. Also would be willing to put a lot of LINK in provide. I understand it is easier said than done, just sharing what i think. I would not be willing to add liquidity for LINK on ADD due to impermanent loss, but i’d like to help the network, just cannot endure the impermanent loss.

2 Likes