Change Wifi Connect

Relocate it to another Wifi connection is not available now. For the time being, please use the Ethernet port to connect the Node with the network of your Office.

1 Like

Is this available yet? I just moved to a new home. Would like to keep my pNode operational.

Not yet. Maybe this will be of help.

http://ip:5000/update-wifi?qrcode=&ssid=&password=

Replace ip with the lan ip of your Node, and fillout qrcode, ssid (name of your wifi network) and password. Run it in a browser.

1 Like

Hey there, on February 29th I moved houses, so with that came new wifi. I added a new node, same as the old one just new wifi and it popped up under my old one. It’s a little finicky and the interface needs updating, but it does work when moving houses.image

1 Like

You can remove one of the nodes, if you have no use for it anymore.

1 Like

It’s the same node, just in a different house. I don’t want to mess anything up so I left it. There’s no delete button or anything?

1 Like

No there is no delete button.
On the settings page, tap on an account 7 times, after that the “remove Node” option will be available in the 3 dots menu on the Node tab.

1 Like

Umm, that took my node out all together! Not just deleting the top tab! Shoot!

1 Like

Great, now I got this when trying to add it back

1 Like

Okay I added the existing node and it’s all good and I’m down to one tab.

4 Likes

Has anyone tried this command when changing WiFi to see if it works? I would like to go ahead and set up my new nodes, but I know for sure I will not be using this WiFi long term and don’t want to bugger it up so I am forced to use Ethernet from here on out…

1 Like

Curious if anyone has tried this too.

1 Like

Hi all, I changed the name of my WiFi network two weeks ago and my pnode has not had any new activity since then. Is there an update that will allow me to update the node to the new WiFi? I have look everywhere in the app but nothing works. I will be connecting to ethernet for the time being…

2 Likes

In the meantime, please have it hardwired connected because the app doesn’t support to do it.
If you want to try a little bit @trevor3309 , this way is helpful:

1 Like

can you explain more about Lan IP, where i can find it ? @Peter

And QR code ? Is it a number when I scan the QR code under my node

1 Like

Hi @maibangftu2, firstly, you need to connect the Node to your local area network by the Ethernet port. Then there are 2 ways to get its IP:
1/ Login to your gateway explorer and search for this name: “theminer”. The gateway can vary bases on your Internet provider.
2/ Use a third-party app to scan for it. For me, I often use Advance IP scanner or Angry IP scanner
This is the instruction: https://www.dnsstuff.com/scan-network-for-device-ip-address

The QR code is the number when you scan under your Node.

2 Likes

thank a lot <3

3 Likes

Just something to note for the core team, I spent quite a while trying to get the wifi updated before realising that the endpoints listed when you go to nodeIP:5000 were wrong:

{
  "data": {
    "change-key": "GET: /<device-ip>:5000/update-key?qrcode=<your-qr-code>&validatorKey=<your-validator-key>",
    "change-wifi": "GET: /<device-ip>:5000/update-wifi?qrcode=<your-qr-code>&ssid=<ssid>&password=<password>",
    "init-node": "POST: /<device-ip>:5000/init-node",
    "node-status": "POST: /<device-ip>:5000/node-status",
    "reset-device": "GET: /<device-ip>:5000?x=reset&qrcode=<your-qr-code>",
    "reset-node": "GET: /<device-ip>:5000/restart-node?qrcode=<your-qr-code>"
  },
  "status": 1
}
6 Likes

Is this a UI feature yet?

1 Like

Not yet. ETA is October.

1 Like