[Solved] Change in Crypto Value?

New user here. I don’t know if this has been discussed yet or not, buuuut I’ve noticed the crypto currency I have on incognito fluctuates…why? I thought this app acted as a sort of wallet, shouldn’t the amount of the currency I bought stay the same? Thanks

Hey there! First of all welcome to incognito!

The app is a wallet, the ammount of currency you have doesnt change. The only thing that you will see fluctuate is the “Estimated PRV value” which you wil find under each currency as well as in the main assets screen that will show you the total of your holdings in PRV.

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for the response. The reason why I asked is because earlier I initiated a trade. When the “trade initiated” window popped up, I was given the value for one currency I had that I was trading for another. Once that trade cleared, the value of the currency I got equaled the value in the trade initiated window. A few hours later, and the currency has a different value.

Perhaps the change was due in part by the trade not being fully finalized?

No problem here to help!

Well Cryptocurrency is very volatile and value of one currency does swing every minute (Even the stablecoins fluctuate Slightly ), so it is very much probable that a few hours after finalizing the trade the value of the token you traded could have gone up or down, but the ammount of that token that you received will not fluctuate.

Example:
Bitcoin is worth 100$
You have 100 pUSDT and you trade for 1 Bitcoin
You now have 1 BTC with a value of 100$

A few hours later BTC price goes down to 90$ a piece

You now have 1 BTC worth 90$, but the ammount of BTC you have does not change, you still have 1 BTC.

Btw, i wish BTC was 100$ :joy:

Hope that clears it up a bit.

1 Like

Yes I understand what you are saying. What happened to me though is, let’s say I traded Etherium for bc. I was told I was going to get .23 BC for 1 Eth. When the transaction cleared, I saw in my account that I had .23 BC

A few hours later, I now have .245 bitcoin. So I understand that the amount of coin I have shouldn’t change, just the value. Except that I noticed the amount of coin I have did change.

I’ll keep an eye on it though. I’ll update if I notice any other changes.

I also know the rates I gave are in no way accurate :rofl: just for examples

I have a screenshot of the transaction initiated window, and my current wallet balance if that helps.

Hi @cinemadrew,

When you initiate a trade, you see an estimate of the receiving coins.
This estimate contains a 1% max slippage, that means that you’ll get this amount or more.
If no more trades happen before your trade transaction is accepted, you’ll receive approx 1% more than the estimate.

That’s why you see more coins than the estimate in your wallet.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you

@inccry thanks for jumping in. The good news @cinemadrew is that in next version of the app you will be able to adjust slippage % to exclude this kind of situation. The devs already work on it, so it should arrive within one two sprints )

1 Like