Cannot delete key named "pdex"?

I created a number of keychains under the “master” key account, and happened to name one of them as “pdex”. Then I found out that I can delete any other keychain but not this one: the “delete” option when you swipe right simply wouldn’t appear for this key. Why?

When you enter the pDEX for the first time, the app will automatically generates a “pDEX” and “pDEXWithdraw” account for you. These are special accounts that need to be present for the pDEX to function properly. As a result, once created, these accounts cannot be removed.

Since you manually created an account with that name, the app is likely preventing deletion based on the name.

I only knew they were special in the “Masterless” account. Are they still special in the “Master” account? At least I didn’t notice they are automatically created.

Yep, the wallet app determines if an account isDeletable by checking if it isDEXAccount by name. For pDEX there are two constants defined: “pDEX” and “pDEXWithdraw”. :frowning_face:

Github :arrow_right: incognito-wallet > src > screens > Setting > features > AccountSection > AccountSection.js

const isDeletable = (account) =>
     listAccount.length > 1 &&
     !dexUtils.isDEXAccount(account?.name) &&
     !isNodeAccount(account?.name, devices);

[source]

Github :arrow_right: incognito-wallet > src > utils > dex.js

export const DEX = {
  MAIN_ACCOUNT: 'pDEX',
  WITHDRAW_ACCOUNT: 'pDEXWithdraw',
};

export default {
  isDEXAccount(accountName) {
    if (!accountName) {
      return false;
    }

const name = accountName.toLowerCase();
    return name === DEX.WITHDRAW_ACCOUNT.toLowerCase() || name === DEX.MAIN_ACCOUNT.toLowerCase();
  },

isDEXMainAccount(accountName) {
    if (!accountName) {
      return false;
    }

return name === DEX.MAIN_ACCOUNT.toLowerCase();
  },

isDEXWithdrawAccount(accountName) {
    if (!accountName) {
      return false;
    }

return name === DEX.WITHDRAW_ACCOUNT.toLowerCase();
  },

[source]

1 Like

These accounts are created per current keychain.

Let’s say you have three keychains: Master > Anon, Masterless > Account 0 and Master > Zebra. Opening the pDEX while on a Master > Anon will create pDEX and pDEXWithdraw accounts under Master > Anon. Masterless > Account 0 and Master > Zebra will not have pDEX or pDEXWithdraw accounts (yet).

Later, you switch to Masterless > Account 0 and again enter the pDEX. The app will create pDEX and pDEXWithdraw accounts under Masterless > Account 0. Master > Zebra will remain without a pDEX or pDEXWithdraw account. You can use either pDEX account (Master > Anon or Masterless > Account 0) to trade on the pDEX.

And later if you enter the pDEX while Master > Zebra is selected, guess what? That’s right – pDEX and pDEXWithdraw accounts would then be added to Master > Zebra.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation! Very helpful!

1 Like

This is all deprecated and no longer the case, right?
I’ve used pDEX and have never seen accounts like this.

Yes. Deprecated.