Can Raspberry Pi be used for running a Node?

Here:

And here:

2 Likes

Apologizes. I was rather tired when working on getting this running and had thought something else had been linked.

2 Likes

So… where you able to run a node inside your RPI 4 after compiling it for ARM?

2 Likes

No news on it? Would be cool to run a node on Raspberry

1 Like

Way back in February one member tried to run on a rpi and found it was not possible.
Not sure if it was a timing issue or resource issue.

I believe they were looking at a custom rpi that could run it.

Maybe a jail broke chromebox with Linux would work.

I setup a intel stick and had it operating but not staked. So I don’t know if I’m operating mode there would be issues or not.

1 Like

During developing the pNode a Raspberry Pi was tested as well. It didn’t work. The team put it aside and built the pNode.

The team is not working on getting it to work themselves but would be interested to learn from whomever is able to make it work.

@Jamie Do you know if there is an incentive to get a node working on single-board computers? Whether it’s a raspberry pi, banana pi, orange pi, etc?

1 Like

I’m afraid the only alternative, if you want power efficiency, would be searching for a mini PC with an x86 CPU that has a TDP of 15W. Something with the AMD Ryzen 4000 series or Intel Core i3 U series (if multithreading is enough for the 4 cores minimum requirement) or even i5.