[SOLVED] Can only send small amounts of PRV

I had the same issue few weeks/months ago.

Is it a wallet where you sent a lot of small amount in it? It was my case: all my vnodes winnings were sent to the same wallet and impossible to make a transaction from this wallet of more than XXX PRVs.

So my best guess is: too many utxos to sign for a single transaction.

3 Likes

@inccry , interesting, and thanks, it seems you are onto the problem. This is from an account I collect all my node earnings before I have enough to stake another node. I basically use it as a hub account.

I just tried to send all the PRV I had been doing in the smaller test transactions between accounts, and it was no problem. That was 611 PRV and it went fine. I can’t send amounts that size from the hub account.

Is there anything else I can do other than keep moving small amounts out of this hub account and then stop using it once it is empty? And stop using any one account as a hub?

Do you think all the accounts will eventually freeze up like this after there has been enough node withdrawals?

@andrey already told me the dev team was looking at the issue I was having, so I am going to wait for a solution from them also.

3 Likes

You can try to consolidate your utxos on a weekly basis. When your hub account reaches a XXX PRV limit, send them to another account, your 5 or 10 source utxos will be consolidated to a unique new utxo.

1 Like

I’ve observed a weird issue with the app, and I’d want to find out if others have seen this too or this is something isolated to my app/phone?

When I try to initiate a small transaction involving 50-100 PRV, it goes through with no problems. This applies to cross wallet transactions (moving 50-100 PRV from one account to another, for example - moving it from pDEX to pStake). This also applies to trades (selling PRV to convert to BTC). However, when I try to move a larger amount of PRV (over 1000 PRV for example), the app gets hung up at 30% and keeps spinning. This only happens when I try to move PRV between accounts or when I attempt to trade PRV for BTC or another crypto. When I try to convert BTC to PRV, any amount of transaction value goes through.

Can anyone comment or help me out to figure out what is going on?

Hi @sid,

Check this thread: Can only send small amounts of PRV

2 Likes

Thanks @inccry for pointing me to the right thread. Glad to know this is not an issue with my specific phone, and I was trying to do the exact same thing - moving my node earnings to one “hub account” so I have enough to stake my next vnode.

It sounds like a fix in in the works but till then, the best thing to do would be to move your node rewards out more frequently in smaller amounts to the next node account rather than wait it to to sum up to a larger amount over a month or two.

1 Like

That sounds like a good solution. I created a new hub account and included the date created in the name so I could discard the account in a month. I also did stop withdrawing earnings every day and decided to go to weekly. That actually helps my sanity anyway. I do hope the fix for this comes in this weeks big update though.

2 Likes

Actually I think your solution is the only solution. I setup a new hub account and have only consolidated into that account one time (from many different accounts). The new hub account is already having the same problem. :sob:

Guys, we will start working on this next month. The app will provide a way to conduct a de-fragment when there are many UTXOs in your wallet.

3 Likes

Great, thanks for the update.

I my stake and trade to work but can only do it in low amounts

1 Like

I’m having exactly the same issue. Any news from the devs for a fix?

hey @sato @Jan_Sokolovits @Patrick_Cooper @sid @inccry - just a quick note to let you guys know that we’re working on a feature that consolidates UTXOs. this feature will allow you to do so yourself in the app.

It should go live next week or so, and should solve the issue of only being able to send small amounts.

This is the first of 2 parts - the second will be focused on performance and speed.

Thanks for being patient in the meantime!

3 Likes

Excellent, thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

Hey @Support,

I couldn’t send more than 500 PRV a few minutes ago. I tried it many times but I repeatedly got -3006 error. When I look at the code, I saw this: “TxSizeExceedErr: { code: -3006, description: “Tx size is too large” }”

Then, I decided to send it in the parts. Initially, I sent 100 PRV. It was OK. Next, I tried sending more than 400 PRV. I failed with the same error. Then, I sent some of that amount in more than one Tx. Now, around 70 PRV remains and I cannot send it anymore. I tried sending 69, 68, 67 PRV but no way: the same error. What is the issue here? Is this a bug or is there a restriction?

Maybe it helps. The receiver and sender addresses are in the different shards. FYI

1 Like

Thanks @abduraman. Let us look into it.

1 Like

The title of the topic does not explain my issue. @Support In my case, I could send 100 PRV but cannot send 70 PRV. Besides, neither of the users reporting previously got -3006 error. Either the topic should be split again or the title should be comprehensive.

Hi @abduraman This error message (-3006) is another result of the current UTXOs issue. We combined your post to this thread so we can monitor how the fix works when it is deployed.

1 Like

I also meet the same problem.

1 Like

Hi everyone, let’s go to the store to update the app, and make a consolidation for your current keychain. You should be able to make a transaction after that.

Here’s how: How to consolidate UTXOs

Let us know if you have any problems.

2 Likes