Buying 1 token without decimals isn't possible

I have notice that for tokens without decimals, is not possible to buy only one.
As you can see, the pool size is 76.0341 PRV and 32 QUEST, so each QUEST should be about 2.4 PRV, but even an input of 3 PRV wont let me request the order. Why?

I need to give 5.0689 to buy one, but surely that will give me two, as it has happened before:

2 Likes

Thanks @J053, we are having a check.

I was able to buy one. So either it is solved or it was possible already.

2 Likes

Pool size has expanded like 7x so prob will give better bids

1 Like

Liquidity has dropped again to 104 PRV and 42 QUEST. I wasn’t able to test if I could buy one.

2 Likes

Sorry… I’ll add it back lol. Try in 5 min

Give me 20 min to add. Have to slowly phase it in as the value of quest has gone up since I removed lol

Hi all, the QUEST token is set at 0 decimal by default (you can’t use 0.99 QUEST to make 1 spin, right :slightly_smiling_face: ?). It requires the input PRV to be correct so the amount of QUEST you get doesn’t have any decimals eventually.

Do note that the current pool is small and there is always a difference in the actual price & minimum price you get.
See also: pDEX: The first privacy-protecting decentralized exchange

If you can’t get an exact price to buy 1 QUEST (like Jamie did), let’s increase the bid value (2, 5, 10, 20, etc…) to give it a chance.

2 Likes

I know what the problem is, because I faced it too when I was developing the calculator of my bot.

The problem is that the formula you are using to calculate how many tokens a user will get is always resting 1 to the real value, just in case something goes wrong.

For example, suppose the formula says you’ll get 0.001000001 BTC from a trade, but the app rest 1 decimal and tells you you’ll get at least 0.001, although in reality you’ll most likely really get 0.001000001.

But if you apply this method to the tokens that have 0 decimals, like the QUEST, when you try to buy 1 token, the app will rest 1 and tell you you’ll get 0 tokens, and so the transaction can’t be done.

1 Like

Probably you bought one at the cost of two. What I mean is that you can’t buy exactly one.

Here is an example using Lottos:

These are the prices to buy 1 and 2 lottos

I can’t buy just one lotto

When trying to buy two, the app tells me I’ll get 1

And that’s the minimum PRV it accepts. 1 nano of PRV less and it tells me I’ll get 0.

2 Likes

Hi @J053 :+1: :+1: :+1:
I passed it down to the team and they said that it would be fixed in the next release. I will keep you posted.

2 Likes