Building and Growth of a Turkish Community

1. What problem are you solving?

Incognito wants to expand its visibility, usage, and reputation internationally (https://twitter.com/IncognitoChain/status/1240385447513243650). As well as other languages, Turkish as a language of the country with most common crypto users will be required to satisfy the growth plan in the near future. While performing Turkish translation, I’m going to create a privacy-aware Turkish community.

2. What is the solution?

Me :slight_smile: As a techie native Turkish, I can translate the topics keeping their coherency, semantics, understandability in the target language. I won the runner-up prize at the Multi-Language Article Contest of another public chain project (https://t.me/MinterNetworkGroup/75775). In fact, to me, I’m the real winner :slight_smile: For details, please see https://t.me/MinterNetworkGroup/75790 and https://t.me/MinterNetworkGroup/75793

3. Which solutions do people resort to because this doesn’t exist yet?

To my best, in Incognito community, I do not have any direct or indirect competitors.

4. Who are you?

I’m an Incognito rebel and joined the community in the last months of the testnet. And I’m a computer engineer.

5. Why do you care?

I like this project and a lot of crypto users will demand privacy for their financials eventually. Currently, they are not aware of their future demand :slight_smile: Turkish people are not an exception, too.

6. What’s your plan? What’s your schedule? What’s your budget?

Overall Plan

I will translate the posts in order with respect to their importance (upon my perception). Initially, I will try to create a landing base for Turkish people. Then, I will invite Turkish crypto influencers from Twitter/Youtube and the people from Turkish telegram groups, and make publications on popular Turkish crypto websites. The project will end by the end of 2020 or when the number of Turkish people in the forum is at least 50, whichever is earlier.

Translations

I calculated the budgets by setting the price at 0.3 PRV per word in the source language (English). I’m rounding the budgets down, that’s why they are always multiples of 5 :slight_smile: Some topics/posts are updated/merged after the translation. In such cases, even if I update my topics/posts, there will be no fee.

Source Target Budget Status/ETA
Incognito Whitepaper: Incognito Mode for Cryptonetworks Incognito İzahnamesi: Kripto-ağlar için Gizli Mod Free Completed
Wallet Ürünler: Cüzdan Free Completed
Node Ürünler: Node 110 PRV Completed/Not Paid
Incognito DEX Ürünler: pDEX 105 PRV Completed/Not Paid
Virtual Node - 95 PRV 2020-03-24T21:00:00Z
How to host a Virtual Node (including setup tutorials for AWS, Digital Ocean, Vultr) - 250 PRV 2020-03-28T21:00:00Z
To be continued - - -
Turkish Publications

For possible Turkish publications, I will set the price at 0.2 PRV per word.

Community Building

The time spent on communication with influencers and all other Turkish people will be on me :slight_smile: No budget.

Commitment Date Size of Turkish Community
2020-05-30T21:00:00Z at least 10 people
2020-08-30T21:00:00Z at least 20 people
2020-12-30T21:00:00Z at least 50 people (end)

Note: To count words, I use https://wordcounter.net

7. Is there an existing conversation around this idea?

To my best, no.

8. Is there anything else you would like the community to know?

Please do not forget to wash your hand for 20 seconds to keep COVID19 away from yourselves :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I guess your direct competitor would be Google Translate whose performances, as we all know, fluctuate.

Hi @abduraman do you have any ideas/vision how to attract more Turkish people on our forum once the translations are done ?

Probably the activity you gonna do after the translations important in this proposal.

1 Like

Hey, I had updated the proposal. Did you miss it or what do you need more? @andrey

1 Like

Hey @abduraman could we include in the proposal some kind of commitment that after the translation will be done, you will manage to bring at least 10 more Turkish speaking people to the community who could increase engagement with the Turkish part of the website.

Let us know if it sounds reasonable.

Reasonable. I already brought 2 Turkish people. Btw, should I include in the proposal or is this answer enough? @andrey

Hye @abduraman. Let’s rethink your proposal a bit.

As I mentioned, the translation itself is not a goal. Let’s restructures your proposal to focus more on growth results:

• how to bring more users on Incognito
  • how to get more organic instals
  • how to let more people to shield their crypto

Here is some ideas on which direction you can think

• Pitch incognito to local media
  • Find more privacy rebels
  • integrate incognito with the most used crypto wallets in Turkey
  • integrate withdraw deposit with local exchanges

And so on.

Let me know if it works for you.

Offtopic.

Could you also update whats the status with Tipcoin ?

2 Likes

Hey @andrey, I was busy. Sorry about late response.

I’ve updated my proposal. In fact, I’ve merged the current proposal with another possible proposal in my mind. Please check it out.

As for Tipcoin, I was waiting for pApp browser. Now, it is re-enabled. I will focus on the app again. I’ll try to keep you updated.

Hey mate!
I have a similar comment as for @OhDonPiano. We are thinking to go away form jobs as translations itself. They have to be a small part of the initiatives.

I am going to PM you and @OhDonPiano to discuss in details.

Did you re-examine my proposal? I had updated it (even its title :slight_smile: ) . It is not just for translation any more.

While the community grows, increase in the number of users and validators of the network is expected. If you think setting some quantitative goals for the expectation, let’s discuss.

Hey mate, chatting with you in DM. Let’s have a call this Thursday to discuss the growth initiatives in your country.

1 Like

This was before DM started :slight_smile: