Builder Rewards - what every builder must know! (Eligibility criteria)

Welcome to the builder ecosystem!

You may have come across our monthly vote for the Builder Rewards program on this forum. If you’ve got an idea that you think that will benefit Incognito, you’ll feel right at home here!

With this program, you’ll be able to build your ideas and earn PRV. Here’s a quick guide for you to get started.

How to join the Builder Rewards program

It’s easy! First, prepare your idea in mind, then:

• Make a proposal in the Builders/ Community category to introduce what you want to build. Please make sure product objectives, core functionalities and delivery schedules are well presented.

• Share your new proposal to our telegram group at: https://t.me/incognitochain so people can learn about what you’re building and provide feedback.

All done? Great! The next thing to do is to ship your amazing product, and invite the world to start using it. Our community members will do their best to give you useful feedback.

What is an eligible product?

We hope that all builders will try their best to deliver useful products. This means the most important metric is utility – are people using it?

Here is the criteria:

• Products have to be directly relevant to Incognito and must serve a need, whether it be dev or growth related.

• Products have to be fully operational (MVP and beyond), up to date and actively used by the community.

• Projects need to be open-source, or builders need to provide realistic statistics to prove that the product gets at least 100 users. (*)

(*) Please note that the statistics should be able to demonstrate the real number of users who have been using your products. If you’re building either web/desktop wallets or tools related to Node earnings, the number of visitors to your website won’t count.

We will do the inspections during the 3rd week of every month, and if all of the requirements are met precisely, the product will be added to the final list for voting.

Official voting will open in the last week of the month.

Who is an eligible builder?

To obtain a slot in the monthly Builder Rewards vote, you’ll have to fulfill these requirements:

• Builders have to be community members.

• Builders need to answer all questions from community members regarding their products and engage in their own threads.

• Builders are required to make a short DEMO video where you will show the community about your progress during the month. More info >

• Needless to say, if you commit to a functionality in your post, please ship it!

If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below.

Thank you for building privacy for the world!

High scale fullnode for external builders: https://community-fullnode.incognito.org/

SDK: https://github.com/incognitochain/sdk-v2

17 Likes

:warning:[Eligibility criteria update] :warning:

Hi builders :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:,

After experimenting with the eligibility criteria for the past couple of months, we discovered two restrictions:

1. The preliminary user poll results couldn’t reflect the realistic number of the users of each product, as users who are not forum members are excluded.

2. To increase the reliability of community projects, having open-source code needs to be a prerequisite for the program.

So, starting with October’s rewards, here are the updated eligibility requirements for all builders:

• Products have to be directly relevant to Incognito and must serve a need, whether it be development or growth related.

• Products have to be fully operational (MVP and beyond), up to date and actively used by the community.

• Projects need to be open-source, or builders need to provide realistic statistics to prove that the product gets at least 100 users. (*)

(*) Please note that the statistics should be able to demonstrate the real number of users who have been using your products. If you’re building either web/desktop wallets or tools related to Node earnings, the number of visitors to your website won’t count.

We will do the inspections during the 3rd week of every month, and if all of the requirements are met precisely, the product will be added to the final list for voting.

Thank you all for your hard work!
Let’s build a thriving Incognito ecosystem together! :muscle: :construction_worker_man:

4 Likes

Could you clarify this? For example, how will the developer of LSB prove the real number of its users? Database records, RPC calls etc.? If so, how will you trust what the developer provides? They can be fabricated.

I have a suggestion for this, too. Imho, considering the size of the community, 100 users are really too high. I think instead of such a harsh criterion (until the community becomes much bigger), a smooth transition would be better. Here is my suggestion. To encourage the open-source, the open-source projects and the closed-source projects have different multipliers, say 2x for the open-source ones and 1x for the others.

Example:

Project VoteCount OpenSource WeightedVote RewardShare
A 30 No 1x30= 30 30/110= %27
B 20 Yes 2x20= 40 40/110= %37
C 20 No 1x20= 20 20/110= %18
D 10 Yes 2x10= 20 20/110= %18
Total Vote= 110
1 Like

LSB has Google Analytics to track the web wallet metrics, which helps us improve our UX-UI and functionality

It also provides how many users are currently using us, check here: Taind - Light Shadow Box - Hold and swap crypto anonymously.

1 Like

Sorry @taind . The question is not specific to your project. It was just an example.

It’s okay man, what im saying is we (as founder of project) should track how the product performs, to make it better for community.

I agree with @abduraman. Just looking for clarification on how you want these tracked. There are only a few ways I can track the incognito earnings tracker. I thought providing a pass through to the actual download was acceptable? I also think 100 is a bit high at this point too. For instance @Nito is a great product. But we know for a fact a good majority of the 2100ish nodes are run by incognito for provide. I think a number that high stifles anyone from starting new products.

1 Like

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your feedback. Let me explain a little bit about the new criteria.

As you all know, the most important focus of this program is utility – are people using community products? It could be a waste of resources if we’re making a big effort to build products that nobody finds useful. If you build a product that people find useful and ready to use, then you get rewards.

1. Why should the projects be open-source?

To increase the reliability of community projects. Many people in the community keep voicing their concern over whether to import their private keys to a product or not. At this point, making the code open is indeed essential.

Additionally, if some other builders find your work interesting, they can be able to start building a new product, or make some upgrades on top of your source.

2. What if builders plan to open their code later in the near future?

We definitely don’t want to make too many restrictions on builder rewards. That’s why you can see we’re willing to offer you a 2nd option: Provide real statistics.

With this option, the question is: if you aren’t ready to be open-source right now, how can people trust and use your product? Please provide any statistics (with proof) that show the number of your real users. For the time being, if your product still gets used by the Incognito community without open-source, then it’s totally fine and acceptable.

However, if you choose to take on the 2nd option, please keep in mind that the statistics should be able to show the real number of those who have been using your products. For instance, If you’re building a product that requires people to import their private keys to use, then the number of visitors to your website won’t count. Utility = using product.

3. Is the requirement of 100 users too high?

Yes, it’s not easy to acquire this amount of users at the first stage of product development. The purpose of this requirement is to encourage builders to fulfil the 1st option (being open-source) or compensate with an exceptionally usable product.

4. What kind of tracking is required?

We don’t make any restrictions on the way you track how your product performs. Your game, your rules. Google Analytics, Database record, RPC calls… all are acceptable if it can be proven to measure the real number of users.

Conclusion

For the time being, you can choose either open-sourcing your project or providing accurate user statistics to be eligible for the program. If you can meet both requirements, that would boost your credibility and be much appreciated!

These criteria will be continually updated in accordance with the growth speed of the project, and with more experiments with the builder rewards program.

Thank you all!

3 Likes

Since I’m only at 79 users, will it be acceptable to have an early stage open source Nito?

I’m not against higher standards, Nito needs to get to open source, but also my product doesn’t use private keys.

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I’m so happy to hear that! I’m building a Telegram bot for Incognito, under the GLPv3 license. I’ll publish it when I think it has some decent features people would like to use.

2 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to that post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it will. :wink: Just update the source to your original thread once it’s ready. Thank you, Josh!

Cool! Let me know if you need any help for the builder onboarding!

1 Like

November update

Hey everyone, let’s check out the latest eligibility criteria updates here: Builder Rewards program: November updates.
Thank you!

3 Likes