[SOLVED] BTC has not arrived

Hello, I made one BTC deposit but it didn’t arrive. How long does it take? It has been a while…

The transaction is:

4 Likes

Hey! It usually does take a bit. Could you please provide me with the shielding id tied to this transaction so we can take a look?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey, Chucky. First, thank you for the quick reply. Sorry if I am a bit anxious, but it is my first deposit and I read that it would only take a few minutes.
What is a shielding id and where I can find it?
Thank you in advance.

5 Likes

Not a problem! Here to help, dont worry fund can never get lost. The shielding ID can be found inside your wallet in transaction details. And if you have the transaction hash handy that would also really help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Transaction details:
ID: #10436
Time: 14 Jul 12:18 PM
To address: 12S4KDEPJ79HgYTdjBmDCsD4Hy5ST4vxTRFHW4mdx2pkuosZrWKi2DJxMMmn3N7imGqCBBJGrZvHMeq6uzec2JDCq7yunAq2ttkzvTh
Shield address: 13buD53FmpQQ7vQFpv4gMApzK7tZaHzk6C

2 Likes

Thanks! Will update you as soon as i can, please do let me know if the transaction goes through.

Appreciate the patience.

3 Likes

Was it something wrong from from my part? Maybe I should read some other tutorial?
Thank you.

2 Likes

I dont think its nothing wrong on your end at all. It might just take a bit more time. There is nothing more to it than just sending to the address provided, ill keep you updated on this.

4 Likes

Hey @Chucky, I would like to jump in this conversation to continually support @andrelfpinto :joy:

How’s the deposit status in your app now? If it says ‘expired’, then please press the button “Retry”.

For further info, please read through this topic: All you need to know about shielding your crypto!

5 Likes

Hey, Ducky. Thanks for your help.
It was indeed expired and I have already press retry.
I have also read your link above. It is very informative.
Can I make a suggestion? Is it possible to have the “official” documentation (about shielding, unshielding, sending…) listed somewhere for people new like me to easily find?
Thank you.

5 Likes

It has just arrived. Thank you both. You were very kind and very shortly the problem was solved.
Only one question: I only used once the address and I made the deposit in less than one hour. Do you know what has happened? Was it a network issue?

3 Likes

I was just about to come here and let you know that the transaction went through about 20 minutes ago. Honestly i dont know what happened, it might have been a network delay, maybe something tied to the fee of the transacted ammount. Usually transactions do take a bit though. Thanks for the patience!

Quick reminder, Shield addresses are one time use, so only use 1 deposit per one address.

4 Likes

Hey @andrelfpinto, glad to hear that your BTC arrived in your wallet.
As you mentioned, I would love for you to visit this topic: How to shield, send, receive, and unshield . It’s all about the basic steps that could make you feel more comfortable with Incognito app.

Hope it helps! :wink:

4 Likes

Hey Ducky,
Thank you for the recommendation. It is indeed a great read for beginners.
As I said in a previous post here in this thread I have read this tutorial, but I think it is not clear enough. Your link is much more visible and is better if someone have the same problem and come here.

2 Likes