[Shipped] App v.4

just a quick update - while we will continue working towards the Ledger integration, we will be deprioritizing the launch of our own cold card to focus instead on the commonly requested payment gateway.

the cold card was a bit of an in-between solution and we decided that ultimately, it’s a bit gimmicky. right now, given current core resources and user demand, it doesn’t really make sense.

we will begin development of Incognito pay this month, and will probably finish development late Jan/early Feb. i’ll update you guys soon with a more detailed timeline.

11 Likes

thanks for reporting this! it’ll be fixed in the release tomorrow :slight_smile:

to confirm what @mike_wagner and @Jamie wrote too - vnodes and self-staked pnodes should be able to withdraw all dust at all times. staked pnodes using rented stake will only be able to do so once dust hits a certain minimum.

3 Likes

What is an Incognito “payment gateway”? Something with a permanent address?

Hey, sorry for the delayed response, I must have missed this.

Simply put, it’s a system that will allow merchants to accept PRV and other Incognito privacy coins (in-network BTC, ETH, USDT, etc. – a.k.a pTokens). Shoppers will be able to make purchases directly on the merchant’s site, using the Incognito app or web extension to sign transactions.

Basic ingredients: web dashboard for online shops, compatibility with the mobile app, compatibility with the web extension (coming soon), web admin management and troubleshooting, etc. Something compact and useful.

7 Likes

hello wonderful devs, documentation as we all know is a forever process, but we’ll also be releasing a simple faucet page this week for you to get testnet PRV to play with.

update: here it is! https://faucet-testnet.incognito.org/

6 Likes

happy new year!

we’ll be pushing an update for pDEX within the next day or so. it’s quite a big one:

1. ability to customize slippage tolerance (default is 1%). this setting is for more advanced users, but the app will also provide warnings if your trade is likely to fail at the ranges selected.

2. ability to pay priority fees (for quicker trade execution). see related note from my post above:

1. you will see the exact amount you received in the trade tx detail screen. the final number will update once the trade is successful.

2. you will be able to enter numbers in either the top or bottom fields. how much you want to sell (top) or how much you want to buy (bottom).

3. we also fixed a few bugs with amounts displaying incorrectly.

coming next:

more fixes, and HD wallet :pray:

32 Likes

This is a really huge upgrade :grinning:
Thanks team!

5 Likes

Awesome job, guys! Thanks for the details @ning! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I am very excited! You even implemented one of my ideas. Thank you.

One more idea that would only be a line of code: touching the assets total toggles $ and lP display… i know that feature is already in settings but just try it!

Very excited to update :grin:

8 Likes

Woooooooah so much FASTER! AWSOME JOB!

3 Likes

Good to have this feature now. But I doubt that it will bring any effect at these rates. If I have to choose between 0.000001 and 0.000004 or 0.00000012 PRV for a slow, middle or fast transaction I guess everyone opts for fast :smiley: because it makes not really a difference. Result = All Transactions are slow again.

I would suggest, to change these prices, in general, to prepare the network for the long run (times when new-minted prv will get less and less). What about 0.0001 slow, 0.001 middle, and 0.01 fast transaction. This is still incredibly cheap. Emotionally it makes no difference at all, feels still like zero.

Might be a good chance no to make these little corrections together with the new feature.

6 Likes

If the objective is to add an option to speed up transactions, there is no need to increase the current network fee, you can just let people set a custom fee and increase to whatever they want.

4 Likes

@sato and @devil-4-tomorrow - re speeding up transactions, the big boost will probably come with privacy v.2 (one-time addresses) and also by improving the liquidity provider design. priority fees should really be dynamic, and determined either by trader or provider.

you can all expect the fee mechanism to improve along with these new developments.

trading volume is looking very nice at the moment. glad to see you all liking the new features!

New: HD wallet

Now ready on Github for android users who want to be the first to try it out. For everyone else, this update will arrive in your respective app stores some time next week.

We’re trying this new thing where we release major updates early for those who want to test it and give feedback before it goes live for everyone… novel i know. so let us know what you think!

More info here >

10 Likes

Can you do a beta release for iOS on TestFlight?

2 Likes

Currently, No we don’t have a beta release for iOS on TestFlight. But you can send me your phone ID so I can add you to tester list then send you a link to install app via ad-hoc.

5 Likes

Phone-ID from where? Please let me know so I can send it. I def want to test it out.

1 Like

If you have a Mac computers, you can follow this guide to get your phone’s UUID

If you have a Windows computers. Please connect the phone to the computer then use iTunes to get phone’s UUID.

3 Likes

I DM’d you my UUID. Thank you!

2 Likes

Can you guys add in-app charts and net asset value across all key chains?

3 Likes

@ning Is this still going to be important when the HD wallet release comes out?
If so, is there any reason not to use the pDEX chain for everything and not use the Anon chain?