[Shipped] App v.4

Objective: Faster, safer, more flexible.

Length: 3 months (November, December, January).

This is a continuation of App v.3.

:space_invader:

Key results:

This quarter will be all about improving what we have, as well as laying important groundwork for other builders to create their own valuable applications.

pDEX improvements 1 (November) :white_check_mark:
Price impact display, ux enhancements

Documentation v.1 (November) :white_check_mark:
For current and future builders

Better node performance (December) :white_check_mark:
Faster loading for multi-node owners

pDEX improvements 2 (December) :white_check_mark:
Slippage customization, fee customization, trade detail fix

HD wallet (December January) :white_check_mark:
Back up keys using seed phrase

Web extension (December January) :white_check_mark:
For any developer to integrate into their apps

Cold card (January)
Incognito’s own cold storage solution
(deprioritized in favor of payment gateway)

:man_juggling:

Being fairly ambitious, but feeling optimistic as always. Help us out by sharing your feedback and ideas. Thanks for building the Incognito app with us!

All development is open-source here: github.com/incognitochain/incognito-wallet

A note about Ledger integration – we planned for this to be completed in late November, but this has fallen out of sync with Privacy v.2. Some important features are required to further strengthen our privacy stack (confidential assets), and will launch on the testnet in December. This means that what we would have created for Ledger would be outdated almost immediately.

This is not an ideal allocation of resources, so we’ve decided to build the integration with Privacy v.2, to be launched in Q1 2021. The foundational work that has already been done will be put towards our own cold storage solution (detailed above). This way, we can work effectively in parallel and ensure you guys have options for offline storage as soon as possible.

29 Likes

Wow, so many great improvements here!

1 Like

This list sounds awesome, really looking forward to these new additions!

1 Like

Incognito with it’s own cold storage forthcoming in near future…that will be very cool to see and get… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@doc @marko - we’ll also be adding that USD toggle - based on pDEX prices. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

WooHoo… :sunglasses: :100: :grin:

1 Like

This looks very exciting, can’t wait to see the web extension and documentation in action myself!

For the cold card, is it going to be an NFC tag to be scanned with one’s phone, a card for engraving one’s key/seed, or something else? If it’s the former, I’d suggest the team to shift the efforts onto accelerating the integrations with proper cold storage solutions with isolated transaction signing instead (e.g. Ledger, Trezor).

1 Like

the general plan is for basic offline storage first (NFC) while we work in parallel on privacy v.2 (needed to complete Ledger integration). this accomplishes 2 things - it’s a test to see if there’s a sizeable demand for it (so we can confirm it’s a direction we want to prioritize for the future), and it’s an option for those who want/need it earlier.

def agree that Ledger or similar is probably the sensible way to go at this stage of Incognito’s growth. you can follow progress of the dependencies here:

we’ll start working on the integration once privacy v.2 is on the testnet. later if that’s successful, we’ll look into our own privacy-first hardware wallet.

5 Likes

As I suggested before, it will be very helpful for the provider if the reward can be withdrawn and staked automatically by itself, hopefully for the next big update

1 Like

Hey, rewards from Provide are already compounded automatically. You don’t need to withdraw to provide again.

3 Likes

1. HD wallet is coming soon! delayed till December, unfortunately - because of some issues we are having with the BIP39/44 standard. we’ll publish a topic soon with more details.

in the meantime, back up your private keys please. given recent developments, these will continue to be the only way to restore existing keychains. nothing surprising is expected to happen with the new release, but i’m gonna keep reminding you guys until the day i expire. it’s just a generally sensible thing to do. more info on HD wallet here.

the good news is that new downloads will have to back up their seed phrase first before continuing.

2. Builders, we’re putting together documentation now. If you have any special requests or feedback, please contact @Ducky and she’ll make sure everything’s up to scratch.

3. the first of pDEX improvements are coming next week - thanks to everyone who gave feedback. this release will come with a:

• fee display before the order preview screen, so you can check trade info even if you have insufficient balance.

• size impact percentage – the variance in price given the size of your trade. we hope this will be helpful in making decisions, especially for lower liquidity pools.

in subsequent releases (end nov-early dec), we’ll also be adding:

• the functionality to input amounts in the bottom field (so you can buy exact amounts easily)

• the option to adjust slippage and increase fees for priority execution. in conjunction with use of the pDEX keychain, this will allow advanced users more control over trade times and outcomes. i’ll probably write a post detailing this soon.

4. oh ya, and we’re also releasing a cute little game called QUEST. more details coming soon!

speak later, and in the meantime…

back :clap: up :clap: your :clap: private :clap: keys.

8 Likes

Hope everyone is enjoying Quest! :male_detective:

Meanwhile, the first of pDEX improvements are live.

1) You’ll see exact traded amounts in trade details – amounts will update once the trade is complete. As the price shown in the app is the maximum price you are willing to accept for the trade (taking into account 1% slippage tolerance), this means that you may receive more than is originally quoted. You’ll also see the received amount in your coin detail screen of course.

2) Price impacts are here! For every trade, you’ll now be able to see both positive and negative price impacts – the difference between your pDEX trade price and market price. If pDEX is currently displaying better or worse prices than external market averages, you’ll see that here. Bigger trades will result in larger price impacts.

Do note that the percentage shown here takes into account the default 1% slippage tolerance, which means the price impact may shift in your favor once the trade has finished executing.

3) Network fees will now display before the confirm screen, so you can estimate how much your trade will cost even if you don’t have the balance required to complete the trade. This is useful especially for pUniswap and pKyber trades, which incur cross-chain fees.

Coming next:

Options to customize your slippage tolerance and pay priority fees.

What else you can do to trade more effectively:

As some of you may know, it used to only be possible to trade from the pDEX keychain, resulting in many new users getting lost along the way. We improved the UX here to allow users to trade from any keychain, by rewriting the backend to automatically navigate between them. This is simpler on the surface, but slower – sometimes 2 blocks.

So, for advanced users: the incoming priority fee option will push trade requests up, but to get the maximum benefit out of this, another important thing you can do in conjunction is trade directly from your pDEX keychain.

We are working on one-time addresses which will replace this convoluted process, but in the meantime, using your pDEX keychain in combination with priority fees and customized slippage should yield faster trade results overall.

Note that using your pDEX keychain directly will increase speed of execution, but may decrease privacy especially if you also use it as your main keychain. sender, amount, and asset types are currently viewable until privacy v.2 goes live.

9 Likes

Busy week – here are more incoming improvements.

1) Node lists now load more quickly, and the tab overall is more responsive. If you own multiple nodes, you should feel a difference.

2) USD balance display is now live for your Assets! It’s enabled by default, so use the toggle in Settings to switch to PRV if you prefer it.

This release should go live in your app within today.

Have a good one!

10 Likes

Great for the UX! Thanks!

Citation
1) Node lists now load more quickly , and the tab overall is more responsive. If you own multiple nodes, you should feel a difference.
2) USD balance display is now live for your Assets! It’s enabled by default, so use the toggle in Settings to switch to PRV if you prefer it.

1 Like

Fantastic and welcome improvements, BRAVO!

Ux thoughts

1. Total Toggle Tap. it would be easy to have prv and usd cycle when you tap the number, that way you wouldn’t even need a toggle in the settings. If we have a btc standard later we can just add that to the cycle list.

2. USD Toggle provide What do you think about having the total interest in provide also attached to this?

3. Unrelated, but could we please please get an inverted mode for this app? Its cool that it currently doubles as a nightlight but I do a lot of phone fondling at bedtime and a nightmode would be most welcome. It really needs almost nothing besides and appwide global color inversion.

So Thankful for your work on this :turkey:

2 Likes

With the new app, when I pull rewards from my vNode, it no longer pulled the crypto dust … is that a change, or is that a bug?

I believe the dust has to be above a certain threshold. 0.0025 pToken I believe.

1 Like

Is that new? I know for pNodes there were limits for dust to get withdrawn… but I have never seen any sort of limit needed for vNode withdrawals…

It’s always been the case for all Nodes, virtual or physical. That said, I’ve had dust withdrawn that was below that threshold. So the application has been pretty inconsistent.

1 Like

Thats interesting… this is the first time since February that I have not seen all of the dust removed on a vNode reward withdrawal. Because of that, I always assumed that limit was only for pNodes and because they had to manually do the withdrawals.

1 Like