[Shipped] App v.3

@ning :wave:t6:
:eyes: 3.9.4 :eyes: :question:

hey @zes333, we’re a bit delayed (found some last-minute bugs) - should land in the next day or so! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

it’s live! \o/

for more info on what’s new, check out this walkthrough.

for pnode owners, remember to upgrade your firmware (you’ll need to power cycle your node) - this will fix the offline/forever fix-it issue.

in future updates, we will also be working on reducing loading time - especially for those of you with many nodes!

4 Likes

The new Node tab is freaking awesome pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good!

Love seeing the pDust totals from all the Nodes in the overview.

LOVE having status info (back) in the Node tab.

LOVE the color dots that correlate to Node status.

LOVE the collapsed overview – less scrolling!

(Better) Unstake! Change Wi-Fi! (Better) Remove Node! (Better) Add Node!

Bravo!

8 Likes

gotta give special thanks to you @Mike_Wagner for always being kind and constructive - thanks for helping us improve the validator experience!

2 Likes

I saw one issue which appears to have been worse off compared to the previous version, unless I am doing it the wrong way. You know how the app takes a longer time to load your nodes if you have over 10 nodes? In the previous version, I could withdraw my weekly earnings from the same page, preventing the long time it took to load the “power” page. Now, after this update, I have to go inside each node to initiate withdrawal of my node earnings. This means I’d have to do it for each node, then go back to the previous page, waiting for it to load (which takes a few minutes), and then repeat it for each node.

This is not FUN! :frowning:

1 Like

Agreed. Why take a function and make it more difficult for the end user? Why not allow a swipe right to withdrawal option for each node on the Power screen, like you can swipe left to remove?

2 Likes

@sid - this update will be in 2 stages - the first to support newer users/smaller validators who could use more info about node statuses, and a clearer dashboard to manage them better. The second will be for multiple node owners like yourself - there’s already a collapsed view so less scrolling, next there will be faster load times.

@JG20, in addition to speeding up the node screen, we are working through a potential feature for easier reward withdrawals. It comes with its own set of technical difficulties - please do bear with us. Thanks for your idea and feedback.

5 Likes

@ning - thank you for a quick response! I’ll happily wait for the update, and I’m glad to see the progress the team is making! Storming, norming and performing - is the way to go!!

2 Likes

hallo multi-node operators! today’s release will include a withdraw all rewards button. we hope this will aid in a smoother harvest :wink:

re loading times - the main Node list will now only reload on refresh/after actions are taken, so moving in and out of Node detail screens to check statuses etc. should be fairly quick. more generally, performance upgrades are ongoing, and we should see continued improvement all-round when it comes to speed and responsiveness.

@sid @JG20

14 Likes

This is a great feature. Thanks @ning!

1 Like

This is great!! Thank you @ning and everyone else on the core dev team!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Thank you for giving feedback on App v.3, and for all your ideas and support.

Very pleased to report that we’ve delivered what we set out to do here. In addition, pUniswap and pKyber are back! The app will now choose the best pool based on liquidity, exchange rate, and fees. Next, we’ll also be adding slippage information and an improved trade detail screen (with the exact amount received).

We’ve created a new proposal detailing these improvements among others, very unimaginatively titled App v.4. Head over to follow what’s coming next - pDEX improvements, support for community builders, our very own cold storage solution, etc.

See you over at App v.4!

6 Likes