[Shipped] App v.3

hey @jared - thanks! we’ve got quite a hectic couple of months ahead, so i’ll try my best to make sure you guys are kept properly in the loop.

re unshielding fee - it’s been mentioned here and there, but nothing comprehensive yet. i’ll prep a more thorough post next week with what you guys can expect. this will be for the unshield feature only, shielding and sending in-network will remain the same.

1 Like

Somehow I missed this post and its comments. Don’t use the tap 7 strategy. It doesn’t work and chances are you will wipe your whole wallet.

I am sure you have saved the private keys of all your accounts, but having to import them all again would just be a pain.

hey fam,

some of you may have noticed that the more transactions you make from a specific keychain, the more likely it is that larger amounts don’t go through. this is due to the accumulation of UTXOs, which is obviously not ideal.

so just wanted to add that this month, we will now be prioritizing the UTXO issue that plagues more heavily used keychains. this should make transactions more efficient.

after this is done, we will turn our attention to receive tx history, and seed phrase functionality, two other essential features. the first is a no-brainer, the second is necessary for hardware wallet integrations and so on.

what’s coming in the next release:

merging unshield + send: this will come with the obvious interface change, but will also introduce a cross-chain unshielding fee. the first version of this mechanism will be released later next week/early the following week. the team will continue to seek increasingly improved solutions on the backend.

more details here: What to expect with new unshielding fees

6 Likes

Hey everyone! The upcoming release (3.9.3) is a fairly ambitious one with a bunch of new features and improvements. You’ll be able to get it now in your app, and it will be available for use right after the smart contract upgrade is complete.

1. Unshield + send merge, and new external network fees

Use Send to… send. Whether that’s out-network or in-network. Fees will adjust accordingly, based on what the external network is charging. You’ll have the choice to pay in PRV or in some cases, the sending currency. In-network fees remain as per usual – near zero. More info >

2. Also for Send, a balance display.

The Send screen will now display your coin balance according to the decimal preferences chosen in Settings. Find it at the top right of ‘Amount’. Thanks @Mike_Despo and @Multibit!

3. Option to hide unverified coins

This option will appear in ‘Add a coin’ and ‘Shield a coin’ lists. Toggled on by default, you just need to check the box to show all. It’s a little trickier to do for Trade – we’re working on it and will update you guys soon. Thanks @doc for the suggestion!

4. Smart contract support for ETH/ERC20 unshielding requests

Title says it all: you can now withdraw/unshield to Ethereum smart contract addresses.

5. Better address book

Now organized a little better – into 1) Your keychains 2) Your incognito addresses, 3) Your external addresses. You can now directly delete/edit entries for 2 and 3 here. To remove a keychain address from the list, you’ll need to remove the keychain from your app.

6. New Provide rates

Rates for liquidity providers will also change in this release, adapted to reflect changing pDEX needs. More details here >

General PSA:

As there have been loads of bulletin entries as of late, just wanted to make sure you guys were aware that you can easily delete them from your board by swiping left. The same logic applies for removing assets from your list.

What’s next:

Next week, we hope to have the new Node screens that include simplified statuses, as well as the UTXO merge feature which will help users who have issues sending larger amounts.

We also hope to have more informative status msgs in tx detail screens, where users will be given instructions on how to contact support, if needed. As part of a general effort to make the app more… human, we’ll also be updating error msgs in a later update – there are quite a few to get through!

19 Likes

10 Likes

Extremely excited to share that the new Node experience will finally be going live this coming monday wednesday, with release 3.9.4. If you’re on 3.9.x, you’ll be prompted in the app - if not, please go to your respective app stores to get the latest main release, or download the most recent APK.

What’s new for Nodes: simplified status messages, detailed explanations, option to remove nodes from display, modify device wifi preferences, total rewards view, a firmware upgrade for node devices, and a bunch more.

Apart from new features, this release should fix some annoying issues, such as the excessively eager [fix-it] button for Node Devices that do not need fixing.

Let us know if there’s anything amiss. We really hope you enjoy the new Power tab!

What’s next for Nodes: push notifications when your Node earns! Everyone should be getting this feature sometime next week, along with a general notifications upgrade.

In addition, automated reward withdrawals for Node devices is now entering the testing phase, and should go live within the next month or so. This is quite a tricky one and requires a bit of care, so thank you for being patient with us.

What’s next for the app: a tool to consolidate UTXOs will go live soon - which will fix this issue. Also, more informative statuses for out-network transactions which should ease the cross-chain journey somewhat.

And that’s it for September - onwards to October!

13 Likes

@ning :wave:t6:
:eyes: 3.9.4 :eyes: :question:

hey @zes333, we’re a bit delayed (found some last-minute bugs) - should land in the next day or so! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

it’s live! \o/

for more info on what’s new, check out this walkthrough.

for pnode owners, remember to upgrade your firmware (you’ll need to power cycle your node) - this will fix the offline/forever fix-it issue.

in future updates, we will also be working on reducing loading time - especially for those of you with many nodes!

4 Likes

The new Node tab is freaking awesome pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good!

Love seeing the pDust totals from all the Nodes in the overview.

LOVE having status info (back) in the Node tab.

LOVE the color dots that correlate to Node status.

LOVE the collapsed overview – less scrolling!

(Better) Unstake! Change Wi-Fi! (Better) Remove Node! (Better) Add Node!

Bravo!

8 Likes

gotta give special thanks to you @Mike_Wagner for always being kind and constructive - thanks for helping us improve the validator experience!

2 Likes

I saw one issue which appears to have been worse off compared to the previous version, unless I am doing it the wrong way. You know how the app takes a longer time to load your nodes if you have over 10 nodes? In the previous version, I could withdraw my weekly earnings from the same page, preventing the long time it took to load the “power” page. Now, after this update, I have to go inside each node to initiate withdrawal of my node earnings. This means I’d have to do it for each node, then go back to the previous page, waiting for it to load (which takes a few minutes), and then repeat it for each node.

This is not FUN! :frowning:

1 Like

Agreed. Why take a function and make it more difficult for the end user? Why not allow a swipe right to withdrawal option for each node on the Power screen, like you can swipe left to remove?

2 Likes

@sid - this update will be in 2 stages - the first to support newer users/smaller validators who could use more info about node statuses, and a clearer dashboard to manage them better. The second will be for multiple node owners like yourself - there’s already a collapsed view so less scrolling, next there will be faster load times.

@JG20, in addition to speeding up the node screen, we are working through a potential feature for easier reward withdrawals. It comes with its own set of technical difficulties - please do bear with us. Thanks for your idea and feedback.

5 Likes

@ning - thank you for a quick response! I’ll happily wait for the update, and I’m glad to see the progress the team is making! Storming, norming and performing - is the way to go!!

2 Likes

hallo multi-node operators! today’s release will include a withdraw all rewards button. we hope this will aid in a smoother harvest :wink:

re loading times - the main Node list will now only reload on refresh/after actions are taken, so moving in and out of Node detail screens to check statuses etc. should be fairly quick. more generally, performance upgrades are ongoing, and we should see continued improvement all-round when it comes to speed and responsiveness.

@sid @JG20

14 Likes

This is a great feature. Thanks @ning!

1 Like

This is great!! Thank you @ning and everyone else on the core dev team!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Thank you for giving feedback on App v.3, and for all your ideas and support.

Very pleased to report that we’ve delivered what we set out to do here. In addition, pUniswap and pKyber are back! The app will now choose the best pool based on liquidity, exchange rate, and fees. Next, we’ll also be adding slippage information and an improved trade detail screen (with the exact amount received).

We’ve created a new proposal detailing these improvements among others, very unimaginatively titled App v.4. Head over to follow what’s coming next - pDEX improvements, support for community builders, our very own cold storage solution, etc.

See you over at App v.4!

6 Likes