[Android OS] "Could not setup Wi-Fi and connect to Node"

Problem: Your home Wi-Fi is not detected: “unknown ssid”, and the app is unable to connect to the Node.
1 2

Where it happens: Android 10 and latest app version: 3.11.0

Reason: Google has deployed a new rule affecting the ability to configure Wi-Fi, rendering the current setup flow incompatible for some devices.

Solution: The team needs to re-work the setup process to adapt to this change. ETA is the end of March 2021. Alternatively, there is a quick fix, but it involves re-installing the app.

Do note that information in the app is stored locally, so if you uninstall and reinstall the app, these will not be recoverable: History of Send/ Receive/ Provide liquidity and the Address book. Please do not try this solution unless you are okay with this.

Let’s start:

1/ Back up your current private keys. Without saving these private keys, funds will be lost when you uninstall the Incognito wallet app.
Here is how: How to back up your private key for account recovery

2/ Have you saved all your private keys? If you did, let’s move to the next step.

3/ Delete the app on your phone. Install the old version of the app using this link: https://github.com/incognitochain/incognito-wallet/releases/tag/3.10.0

This is version 3.10.0, which is still supported by the current setup process.

4/ Setup the node again. If you need a refresher, here’s a guide: Unbox and set up your Physical Node

5/ Go to the Google play store and download the latest update: 3.11.0

6/ Re-import the private keys you saved in step 1/. Here’s how: How to restore your wallet using the saved private key?

All done. Let us know if you have any questions.

6 Likes

Couldn’t setup pNode on iOS either @Peter

If you are using iOS, we will check case by case. I received your message about: Could not verify device code", too.

1 Like

Having the same issue setting up my pNode with iOS. Installation fails with “Could not verify device code”. Any hints what to do? Thanks…

Update: After restarting the app I was asked to “resume setup” and the installation was finished within a few seconds… weird…

1 Like

@Peter Is there any news on a software update that will make this work on current versions of Android, v11?