Altair - Incognito Mainnet Faucet (production already)

How many time can we use the site in a day week

1 Like

It’s unlimited until running out of PRV.

2 Likes

Can Incognito use standard Bitcoin JSON RPC API commands?

Do they provide API to use for this?

If so, we could easily convert a standard faucet script into using PRV

2 Likes

I have no idea mate. Incognito is short of that kind of stuff and many more compare to Ethereum, Bitcoin, Eos, Neo… This is quite reasonable for a pre-mature project. Maybe we could help them build those tools.

1 Like

Dear everyone,

• v0.3.0 released: Statistic data is now live on incfaucet.org website
  • Look at what we achieve so far, thanks a lot for all the team and community support.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 02.01.36

P/s: I am so grateful for community’s contribution, 10 PRV are in staking pool. Its interest will be funded back to faucet pool. In my opinion, let’s keep the pool as small as possible, give the attackers no reason to hurt us.

7 Likes

The link is on @andrey @inccry :tada::tada:

3 Likes

Update: first 100 faucet addresses in about 10 days, hope it serves new user well!!!

3 Likes

how many times can u request

2 Likes

Ten times per address.

1 Like

So only 10 times then done or weekly or how

2 Likes

Ten times then done mate. In my perspective, 0.0001 PRV is enough for one address to try all incognito services, plus it’s enough for you to pay the fee for more than 10,000 transactions. If you any better idea, please let me know

3 Likes

I was just curious what services does in incognito offer just I am unware

1 Like

@andrey I believe this man from the team could help you answer your question thoroughly. In short, Incognito Chain is an adapter for privacy coin exchange.
For example:

1. You have ETH, and when you transfer them in Ethereum Chain, your transaction will dispose to all the world (e.g: amount, destination address, source address,…)
  2. If you combine Ethereum and Incognito, you can deposit ETH into Incognito chain then make transactions with your deposited ETH incognito (called pETH) privately. Notice this, your pETH would be a token in Incognito network. After a while, when you boring with pETH, you withdraw your ETH from Incognito network to Ethereum network. All these procedures happen in privacy. Yeah, that’s what I imagine about Incognito.
2 Likes

With the current price of $0.80 per PRV you are suggesting that website hosting costs $400 a month? You can get a blazing fast VPS with CDN integration from A2 hosting for a little over half that amount for an entire year. I think the even only charge like $79 for your first year. $400 a month is insanely high. Even if you are building your own server.

3 Likes

The price of PRV is currently at 0.65¢.

2 Likes

The most costly thing is Incognito Fullnode. My intention is to customize it, organize data and run my its on my own. It depends on the community to vote how much does the maintenance cost? Beside, 500 prv per month is too small to have benefit from. It’s just a safe number regardless of the price of PRV. It might hit 0.4$ like the months ago.

2 Likes

I just thought how about we based on the current PRV price to decide how much PRV should this project received per months. Currently, I am using GCP and it costs about 70$ within ten days.

2 Likes

@altair Is there any way to know how much PRV is in the pool at any one time? Do you still need more contributions or is it pretty much set at this point?

1 Like

Is the site down? Was wanting to post link to faucet in Telegram for some people needing PRV to do their first trade and did not receive PRV in Account 0.