Airdrop Marketing Idea. Many new users. What do you think?

I just wanted to bring up my idea, let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Anyone who is using the SafePal Wallet https://blog.safepal.io/sfp-airdrop-round-2-join-share-5500000-sfp-pool/ has actually the chance to be part of their airdrop, they do it quite differently in comparison how others did it before. Instead of giving free tokens to old users they give it to new user or everyone who finishes some tasks.

In order to participate all you have to do is downloading the SafPal Wallet and start with the challenges, by the way one challenge is to invite friends, feel free to use my invitation code, so we all get some extra token :slight_smile: Just use the code MTJNUM to claim you free tokens.

As you might know Airdrops are a „hot“ topic actually in the crypto scene. So I thought we could use this momentum and start a campaign like SafePal.

Example we take like 20.000 PRV out of the DAO Pool and create an experience like SafePal did and call it simply Incognito Airdrop. Then people can download our wallet and start completing tasks to earn shares (the more shares you have the more you get from the 20.000 PRV pool).

Tasks could be like:
Invite a friend with Code XXXXX
Shield at least 0.001 BTC
Shield at least 0.1 ETH
Shield at least 0.1 XMR
Buy BTC for at least 100 USD on pDEX
Buy PRV for at least 100 USD on pDEX
Provide 50 PRV for at least 30 days
Provide 0.001 BTC for at least 30 days
Provide 0.1 XMR for at least 30 days
Twitter XYZ with Hashtag

I hope the idea gets clear. I believe this could bring us a lot of new users, because Airdrop is just the actual buzz word, which makes people crazy :sweat_smile:
The people would use actively Incognito and learn the basic things like shielding etc.
Even if many decide to dump the PRVs they received it would be not a huge loss if we keep the amount reasonable but I think most will keep in provide once they see how much they can earn. Alternative might be as well to give out LOTTO tokens instead of PRV, but I think PRV would be better.

6 Likes

I do like the idea of a new user campaign that rewards user for using the Incognito network. However – and understanding these are just suggestions above, I do think there are some obvious issues with these tasks with regard to scammer abuse.

Social media tasks and invite/referral links are NEVER abused in airdrop campaigns. I mean, never. /s

This task is better … but … would not be hard for a scammer to move the same 0.001 BTC or 0.1 ETH/XMR in/out of newly created wallets to abuse this task.

Similar to above. A marginally motivated scammer would buy $100 BTC, qualify for the task, sell BTC back, move to next wallet, then rinse/repeat. Very scriptable via RPC.

This task, however … would appear less prone to scammer abuse. The time commitment and funds “lock” via Provide are not (as relatively) friendly towards quick money scammers.

In the end, airdrops just never seem to go well. They always seem to attract more scammers than users. Even the Privacy Quest had to be substantially altered due to scammer abuse.

Incentivized campaigns incentivize abuse at the cost of legitimate users.

8 Likes

IMO this would be a great campaign to attract new users. Airdrops almost always are. I’m sure the talented team here at Incognito could implement features to deter or stop “scammer abuse”.

2 Likes

It is needed to make a pdaaps for that purpose i guess where users can lock their coin or something like that. Maybe with the launch of Light Shadow BOX so the users can even use it without app. We can thing about something nice

1 Like

I guess none of you were here when the first (and hopefully last) airdrop happened on Incognito chain. Really, airdrop is just equivalent with scammer magnet.
It attracts people, because of the reward, but doesn’t attract real users.

If 1% of the former airdrop participants is still using the project, it would highly amaze me.

I fully agree with the arguments of @Mike_Wagner.

6 Likes

This is a way to airdrop token with time lock contract to users from other chain that use shielding, something similar could be done in the future with DAO funds! HERE THE WEBSITE! to connect you need metamask with BSC and ETHEREUM network on it!