Adding a Virtual Encrypted Disk(APP Level) to Incognito Wallet and TOR support

Many people were worried about having the keys stored on their devices.
Doing a research i found a nice code from TheGuardianProject on a how implement a Virtual Encrypted disk inside an android app.
Could be useful to store private keys?

Another useful library is NetCipher that helps integration with TOR and TLS on the app.

3 Likes

I think the best way would probably to integrate a password aes encryption system within the application. When the application is loaded to unlock the wallet you need to type in the password to gain access.

3 Likes

i made another post maybe we should merge them.
Anyway what i really need to understand is how to integrate incognito into eSE(embemed SecureElement), TitanM in this case.

Here you can find something more on SecureElement(SE) and HardwareWallet (HW) : hackernoon

As for what comes after these improvements, two things I am really looking forward to in the future of hardware wallets are:

1. Bypassing any general purpose MCU or ARM chip, the Secure Element controls and communicates with all the I/O, which would close the biggest attack surface on a hardware wallet. This is realizing “trust minimization” of the Secure Element.
  2. Fully open source Secure Element, which would bring to a whole new level of “trust minimization”. Happy to see Google is working on that.

( Disclaimer : The Author is the Founder at Cobo Vault )

Here is the thing:

Google Pixel 3 and above have eSE chips and they are opensource.
they use OpenTitan and HERE you can find the github repo.

There is also the very own experience of Alexander Bakker that is really worth a read! :wink: