Adding a In-app messaging system

I am developing a process to send encrypted messages and files through Incognito transactions. (Sort of like an email system)

I understand that memo’s are not encrypted, however I think I have an easy way around this. There is a temporary anonymous file-sharing site called file.io. They allow you to create one time use links that allow you to read text, or download a file. The site generates a link with easy API access. Once you open the link, the data is erased from the servers, and the link no longer works.

If you put this link in the memo, anyone would be able to access it, leaving it quite ineffective. However, I have found another site called https://jstrieb.github.io/link-lock. Link Lock allows you to create a url redirect with a password protection. It uses AES, and does not store any data on the server. All the data is stored in the generated URL. Theoretically we could just encrypt the url in AES ourselves instead of using the site.

If you Link Lock the temporary file.io url with the incognito address of the recipient as the password, I believe no one would be able to access the url except you and the recipient. You would be able to put this link into the memo section of the transaction.

Am I correct in assuming that the recipients public address is not shown in an incognito to incognito transaction?

The end goal would be to create an incognito pCoin dedicated to send mail. In the app when a user receives said pCoin, they get a notification. The app would automatically use your public wallet address to decrypt the url. Instead of being in the assets section, it would be in it’s own separate mailing section with a more intuitive gui specifically for messaging. Since the data is one time view only, once you read the message, the message gets deleted. I’m definitely not skilled enough for this part of the project (editing the app), but maybe someone else would be interested.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried any of this myself yet, but the combination of AES (or other public/private key (d)encrypting software) with the already available private and public keys for every account should be enough to make this work without third party websites/services.

1 Like