[Implemented] A better prize wheel (26 November)

Note: This topic was originally posted before the launch of the prize wheel, and its contents announced around the forum and in the app. The topic has since been updated to reflect the active status of the wheel.

Thousands of people are currently playing Privacy Quest. :exploding_head: :partying_face:

We want as many people as possible to come away with something. So, we needed to rework the wheel to accommodate more people – which means more prizes, public documentation of formulas, probabilities, and so on.

Here’s what changed:

A new mechanism for winning that BTC

An improved wheel algorithm ensures that every entry has an equal chance of winning the BTC, and that someone definitely will.

Here’s how it works: when you spin the wheel, you’re able to win LOTTO coins that you can use to draw for that 1 BTC. Every LOTTO entry has an equal chance of winning.

At the end of the Privacy Quest, we’ll hold a livestream and select a winner.

Transparent documentation on formulas and probability

Above are docs on random number generation (for selecting the winner) and the odds of winning.

It’s a truly private, open-source lottery!

Real-time prize dashboard

In the Quest tab, you’re able to see how many prizes have already been won, how many QUEST coins have been unlocked, and how many were spent on the wheel.

More prizes

Now you’ll have 16 possible prize slots on the wheel instead of 12. We’ll also be adding prizes as the Quest progresses.

More clues

Every Thursday, we publish more clues of varying difficulty and rewards. We also publish answers for unlocked chests, and give hints periodically for the tough ones.

BTC comes to those who Quest

The more QUEST coins you unlock, the more chances you’ll have to spin and win Nodes, VPNs, XMR, PRV - and of course, BTC, so keep hunting for those QR codes!

Happy Questing!

35 Likes

Big changes!..
Will LOTTO be NFT typed?

1 Like

Personally, I don’t mind the postponed launch. More prizes and update on the odds are worth it. :+1:

6 Likes

Can’t wait!

2 Likes

My mind needed more time to take in all this excitement anyway!

3 Likes

Winner will be selected, but not announced, right? In case the winner wants to keep their privacy…

3 Likes

The winner’s privacy will definitely be maintained. I believe the address will be announced, which will not be associated with anyone’s identity.

12 Likes

I look forward to. :star_struck:

2 Likes

We have new quests, and more difficult :sob: is there any telegram group to discuss about it

11 Likes

Looking forward to, will the winner be announced?

10 Likes

BTC is nearly 19k now, OMG I hope I can win this prize wheel

13 Likes

That’s a huge prize, if I can win this wheel, it would be my biggest prize I’ve ever had

9 Likes

Prize wheel looks so much better with no frowny faces. Every spin wins now!:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::raised_hands:t5::crossed_fingers:t5::pray:t5:

1 Like

I opened 7 quest treasure but they only give me 6… i need that 1 quest to be complete… :blush::blush::blush:

4 Likes

What is lotto coin, do I have to watch livestream on 26?

9 Likes

It takes time, maybe 1 or 2 days

7 Likes

It would be great if we have 1 prize as node tree

9 Likes

I see… thanks for the info bro.

1 Like

Hey friend, let’s join in our official Telegram chat: https://t.me/incognitochain , and feel free to discuss the quests. :wink:

2 Likes

What time does this unlock?

8 Likes