6001 error... installed newest update via google...

Had apk, app said error 6001 which stands for “update app” did not find any new apk, deinstalled it, installed from google… same issue!?!

Tried several times, not works, get 6001 error over and over again. Very frustrating as have to get out a transaction quickly. Where are the latest apk updates posted please.

It says its v3.9.0 but think apk was 3.9.1 already… so odd… you not updated to the newest version on google yet or?

And I try send usdt so should not be an issue or as I seen xmr is paused now.

Maybe there is some cached info left. Can you close the app, and power cycle your phone?

1 Like

Power cycle ? I restarted it, I cleaned it, I reinstalled the app from google and also apk and same thing. Just stuck. I used it all the time past few weeks was working perfect. Where I can download the latest apk version? Thanks!

This is the spot for the most current available version of APK.

Power cycle as in, shut it off completely, leave it for a bit, turn it on again.

1 Like

Starting to get real odd! As I said I reinstalled the app yes have the newest version. Still same error code 6001.

I several times had my phone off etc pp also long time over night etc.

I don’t know what else I can do. Anyone else can help? Where else I can ask for help? I can’t believe this is a isolated issue just for me.

I did not change nothing before it failed.

Can you provide your phone brand/model and the version of the operating system of your phone?

Did it work before? Or were you never able to use the app?
Does the 6001 show up when browsing the app, or at start up or when trying to perform transactions? Can you supply the steps?

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Is there a fix? I have also installed the latest app version but unable to send funds(unshielded) due to the 6001 message popping.

Installed the app today and was playing around with the features. I was able to deposit funds and the balance shows up correctly, but I’m not able to withdraw the amount to my mew wallet. I went to google playstore and signed up to the beta program. I’m on the latest version (3.9.0) but still receive 6001 when trying to transfer to my mew wallet. Is there a solution?

Thank you.

Hi @Tennis, the latest version is 3.9.3 Could you please go to “Settings” and check this screen?
Image from iOS (87)

1 Like

Thanks mate for the quick response. Liking the community already :). I followed your instruction but when I open settings It shows 3.9.0. I’m running android. The app store says 3.9.0.

Check this link out- https://github.com/incognitochain/incognito-wallet/releases/tag/v3.9.3. It’s oddthat the title 3.9.3 but the apk version 3.9.0

After getting 3.9.0 on Google play/ appstore, there will be an in-app update when you open the app.

As Jamie suggested above, you can get the latest apk version by using this link: https://github.com/incognitochain/incognito-wallet/release

2 Likes

You got it working for me. After you said that update is in-app, I downloaded the app on a different phone and the in-app update popped up. I then used buggy backup and saved the external data and migrated it back to my primary phone. I now have the latest version 3.9.4. Hope the sending works now. Cheers.

1 Like

This is SPOOKY!

Have the newest version installed 3.9.3 via APK. Did not change nothing on the phone or in the app. Tried to send. Get code 6004 which means wrong keychain… ha??

Okay backed up keys. Uninstalled, installed again, now it don’t in app update to 3.9.3 and I stuck with version 3.9.0 so can’t send.

Did on other phone same issue. Stuck with version 3.9.0. Can’t send!

Feeling lost, please help. Not want use google just apk but seems nothing working.

Hey @miktube

The newest version is 3.10.1. The error code 6004 you are receiving is because you are not on the latest app version, if you would like to use the apk file, you can find the latest release here : https://github.com/incognitochain/incognito-wallet/releases/

After you download the apk(3.10.0) you will be prompted to update to the latest (3.10.1)

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks Chucky… so many new versions all the time… can’t keep up with it but checked the responses above and seems was still valid then… if I use google it auto updates?

Got the new version BUT the prompted to update to 3.10.1 doesn’t pop up :frowning: Stuck again… and even on 2 phones… very new phones too. So still stuck.

Already turned it of, did wait a few min. tried again, same.

Is google version a better bet to stay in the loop?

1 Like