200+ New Validators in the last 24 hours!

Not exactly my point.

But share anything you feel is valuable for the project. Best in a separate post.
We are open to all ideas.

Already doing that Jamie, in a separate private group. I meant to say I am happy to enlighten you on my point of view about the target audience, customer journeys and personas (only if you’d like though)! :slight_smile:

Thanks. No need for that though.

Thank you @andrey for the explanation. It makes it completely clear. I very much speculated the liquidity provided by the one sided PRV, ETH, XRM, BTC, DAI… had to be covered by PRV somehow and I speculated it might just be the dev team doing the majority of the PRV covering. But with everyone dropping provide PRV, vNodes coming to life in order to cover APY makes more sense.
With all the discussion on Nodes earn / selection potential this drives the point that eventually with the network security audited, and firm, the growth of the network will make all nodes quite vital and eventually very profitable. Niceđź‘Ť

1 Like

@andrey Really well said and explained, I have to joke a bit though :slight_smile:

First, I only speak for myself, but I’m not smart enough to understand some of these things without having it explained like I’m 5 years old

Second, I could be wrong, but has this mentality been a relatively recent development? haha

I think there was a time that the short term, non privacy focused investors were more or less, (not welcome here). During discussion about pairs and pool v1 etc. there were times the goal of the project was put ahead of the investors returns. I think some of this changed after a thread from a just a month or 2 ago about the pool change and I think it may have opened some eyes. (Sorry if I’m off base about that, I just got that impression)

I’m bringing this up to say I appreciate the teams acceptance of feedback, the quick changes, and most importantly how the team is navigating short term and long term goals to the best of your ability. Recent updates have been swift, but also quality improvements. This is one of the most difficult things to do as a management team. It’s obvious that the community has a say, our voice is heard, and the team isn’t too proud to ignore concerns of essentially investor relations.

Im sure everyone on here wants to see the goal of wide adoption of privacy crypto continue and grow, but no one wants to lose a dollar for the greater good either, so breaking down these kinds of changes just helps people know what to expect.

Anyone that follows (American) football knows this is why the general manager’s job is one of the highest paid gigs out there. Short term and long term goals don’t always align.

3 Likes

This thread is pretty deep, so I’m sorry if I missed the answer. Why were so many added so quickly?

Here is the answer:

1 Like

Now, I have a question. Who requested to unstake 25 node at once? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

LOL, I don’t know but I can tell it’s never dull in here! :smiley:

3 Likes

Off-topic:
I think we should change the focus of marketing from privacy to DeFi :slight_smile: Nearly all projects whose descriptions contain “DeFi” word go to the moon. Even CZ has added DeFi word to new Binance chain :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is a question for anyone, people on Telegram are wondering about the increase in apparently 184 new nodes activated by the team specifically.
I was wondering: how many nodes are online currently, and how many do the team activity own?
Also, is there a topic that discusses this addition done by the team and was there a heads up given to the community like on the new bulletin area of the app?
Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

hey @Jerry_Watson - moved your topic here where the discussion is.

there’s more info in andreys reply above:

this means everyone who uses Provide, is running/partially running these Nodes. All PRV in Provide is from users.

We could have staggered the addition a little more, but the devs in question have been extremely busy and did so once they had a bit of space to breathe. We’ll make a concerted effort to be more gradual in the future, but this has been the mechanism set out from the beginning. The community will sometimes see big additions, sometimes maybe big reductions, and so on. Entirely based on user behavior.

The team runs 176 fixed nodes. The number of nodes we run for users via Provide, is dynamic, entirely based on the amount of user deposits. Right now, we’re at about 500.

As for how many validators are online right now, incscan has a great real-time chart.

8 Likes

We do, pUniswap is coming. Liquidity is growing. More and more user trade other coins like ETH -> PRV -> BTC. With cross pool it will be even more smooth.

4 Likes

Any near plans to add another coin to Provide?

1 Like

that depends on what the pdex needs (in-demand pools that need more liquidity), as well as interest from external communities/our own community.

is there a particular coin you have in mind?

Link Ren Matic would all be great but link in 1st for me cause I’m sitting on a bit. :nerd_face:

gotcha. we’ll look into what pdex activity is like, and whether these projects would like to cross-promote. cc-ing @elena here who handles our partnerships.

4 Likes

We had a call with Matic team last Friday. Exploring opportunities around.
Regarding Ren, the core team is not that interested in partnerships, but community might be. Worth to explore more.

4 Likes

I should also have mentioned KNC only because of the current tie in with Kyber network. Also I see that one more of community interest, because allot of users who started with the Kyberdao left because of the voting and rewards vs gas. You had to be sitting on quite a bit of KNC to make staking worth while. Incognito would have been an ideal fit for many of them. Even though I’m on Kyberdao and voting in epochs and earning ok rewards if incognito added that coin I’d move 16K in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I think those three projects sounds quite interesting. And we are in communication with all of them. We will offer such collaboration to Matic, Ren, Kyber. We’ll keep you guys updated.

5 Likes